Fake Watch Repair?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never understood buying fake gear, if you cant afford the real thing why not just buy a cheaper brand?

Good luck sorting a repair though?
Because you get the style of a 50k watch for £2.50. A ciko watch from "Abduls multi mart" doesn't quite have to same wrist appeal

I like Ralph Lauren polo's. I Just come back from Turkey and paid £3 per polo. They look identical and I've saves £63 per top

D

Deleted member 1740

Because you get the style of a 50k watch for £2.50. A ciko watch from "Abduls multi mart" doesn't quite have to same wrist appeal

I like Ralph Lauren polo's. I Just come back from Turkey and paid £3 per polo. They look identical and I've saves £63 per top

So people buy blag gear just to fit in?

You can get a lesser brand Rolex Daytona replica for £150 which would probably last longer than a blag Rolex Daytona

Your polo's may look the same but very much doubt the quality will be anywhere near the same.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So people buy blag gear just to fit in?

You can get a lesser brand Rolex Daytona replica for £150 which would probably last longer than a blag Rolex Daytona

Your polo's may look the same but very much doubt the quality will be anywhere near the same.

Talking to me lad last week, his pal had a fake Utd shirt on. honestly. He said the quality was amazing. £25. ?. no I wouldn’t though

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why would you buy fake? My genuine Rolex, bought off a bloke on the beach in Bali, cost me only $5.Definitely genuine cos he told it was. Never understood why folk pay £1000's for them.

But seriously, the fun I had in the half hour haggling for it, was well worth the $5 alone.

D

Deleted member 1740

The quality? It's a cotton t-shirt mate!!!
They replaced the last lot I baught pre pandamic. So 3 years for £3. I'll take that. Only a mug pays £100 for a polo with a horse on it

Why bother paying £3 for a cotton polo with a horse on it when asda and primark are banging them out for £2 without yhe horse? ?

Brads

Visit site
The quality? It's a cotton t-shirt mate!!!
They replaced the last lot I baught pre pandamic. So 3 years for £3. I'll take that. Only a mug pays £100 for a polo with a horse on it
Only a mug?
From the guy that buys cheap copies of said polo shirts !
Remember £100 to some folk feels like £3.

Brads

Visit site
Funny enough I received a call today from the Rolex dealer offering me another new watch.
Second one this year.
I’m not taking this one (Explorer 2) as I’m not looking for one but if I bought it it’s an easy few hundred in the bank just by selling it straight on.
See! They aren’t expensive at all lol.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Funny enough I received a call today from the Rolex dealer offering me another new watch.
Second one this year.
I’m not taking this one (Explorer 2) as I’m not looking for one but if I bought it it’s an easy few hundred in the bank just by selling it straight on.
Did you see the Pawn stars programme where the pawn shop was buying arches for a customer and just keeping them Locked away. He decided to cash them in and made a
Small fortune. ??

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did you buy the fake because the real deal is to expensive?
What's the watch in question, out of curiosity.....

i wasn't looking for a watch at all when I was at the local market abroad 3 years ago. I just saw this Cartier watch by chance and really liked it. There's no model inscription on the back, and I know very, very little about watches, so no idea!

This holiday, I bought another watch, an IWC Yacht Club one. Again, just because I like it, not because i know the real IWC one, etc.

As for real watches, I have a Rolex, Omega Seamaster Auto Chrono, Omega Geneva Auto, Omega Constellation, all inherited.

I wear my Garmin S3 watch all the time!!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Second one this year.

My brother in law saw a Rolex in the window of the shop in Amsterdam Airport, rang his pal who collects watches and knows a bit about them and asked how much he could get for it in the UK. Turned out he could have made £4k on it just by bringing it home and selling it on.

He was gutted when final boarding was called before the shop even opened ?.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Sorry but what a crock of waffle! So do you like the quality of a Ralph polo or do you just think the horsey logo is cute?

There is no way that Turkish made £3 tee shirts feel the same, fit the same and wash the same. If I’m wrong please ask them to knock up a set of p790’s and I’ll give them a fifty.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
My brother in law saw a Rolex in the window of the shop in Amsterdam Airport, rang his pal who collects watches and knows a bit about them and asked how much he could get for it in the UK. Turned out he could have made £4k on it just by bringing it home and selling it on.

He was gutted when final boarding was called before the shop even opened ?.

If only it was that simple.......

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Depending on what you buy it won’t cost you anything.
, thousands up front maybe but more when you come to sell it.
All you have to do is keep it long enough.

You know that investments can go up and down.
I have a rare pottery piece that was worth around £400 twenty years ago.
Worth about £100 now..