Fairways and Hybrids

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just when I thought I wouldn't have to change any equipment my 7 wood gets dropped and now has a huge dent in the face. It was getting a bit long in the tooth anyway but I wasn't looking to replace just yet.

So.

With my set - see sig - I need some pointers.
Do I just replace the 7 wood? If so, what with?
Do I replace with a hybrid? What loft?
Do I mess around revamping the fairway wood/hybrid set up that's ok but not startlingly good?
I want the 4 wedges at the short end so I've got 3 clubs to cover Driver to 5 iron.

Going to try some stuff tomorrow but not sure which way to go.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Personally I'd go driver, 3 or strong 4 wood and then either a regular 5 or a hybrid 3

That way your lofts would be

10.5 driver
15 approx 3 wood
19 approx 5 wood
3 hybrid approx 20/21 but more veratility than 5 wood so a toss up dependant on conditions and course.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't know why you don't just replace it if you got on with it and it fits in your scheme.

Driver, 4 wood, 7 wood seems a good set-up to me.

I'm currently on a new scheme......HT Driver (13) 5 wood (17?) and 3 iron. Then 5-SW. Keeps things simple, and the bag light......

golf_place

Visit site
Between these both i would prefer to have hybrids, i have been using hybrids from last six years. And love to have them, use them, and to win the game. Fairways are good too, but i am not much convinced.

T

thecraw

I was a 7 wood fan for years then I got into hybrids. The 19 degree Wilson hybrid I have now is simply awesome. My only word of caution is watch what hybrid you go for as some just balloon. I tried loads and ended up the the Df6 with a stiff Proforce V2 shaft. That works a treat for me.