Fairway woods

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I think a lot of it is what you like and what you are comfortable with. I like a really shallow faced fairway wood and find it more and more difficult to find a real shallow faced fairway wood. i have opted for a 5 wood cranked down to 16.5 degree loft and coupled it with a 3 wood length shaft, basically a 4 wood. However the shallower face on the 5 wood suits my eye better.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do u think?
You are fairly new to the forum so you wont get it, apologies if you do already, but the suggestion that new gear will solve all issues is a running gag on here. We are golfers, it's a justification we use to each other to get new shiny things. Much more fun, and easier, than sorting out the underlying problem :D

Pin-seeker

Visit site
You are fairly new to the forum so you wont get it, apologies if you do already, but the suggestion that new gear will solve all issues is a running gag on here. We are golfers, it's a justification we use to each other to get new shiny things. Much more fun, and easier, than sorting out the underlying problem :D
You forgot to mention that the more you spend on the shinies,the better the result.

jordan1987

Visit site
Haha yes mate I was taking the mick back.

mister v

Visit site
i was having the same problem and had a quick look on you tube, low and behold up popped a couple of videos with a few neat and easy drills to follow............. so im off to buy new rescue clubs as they will work better than any lesson!!

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anxiety can cause all sorts of problems with this game.
If it's because you can't get the ball airborne, you may be lifting and looking for the ball too early. You get anxious and start to look for the ball, as you look up so your weight transfers to your back foot.
Then to counter react this you may start to try and lift the ball up, again with weight on rear foot. Both actions cause the bottom of the club to hit the top of the ball.
Furthermore you might also now be swinging too quick adding to the issue.
Focus on slowing the swing down, ensuring you keep your head down AND IMPORTANTLY transfer your weight onto your front foot.