F1 2022

Swango1980

Visit site
One of the most boring races I've seen. Watching the battle for 13th for most of it, even though it was obvious it was difficult to overtake, without DRS, or with DRS if you were at the back of a DRS train.

Leclerc spinning out at least added a touch of drama I suppose.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone else get the feeling Hamilton has lost his mojo?
Despite what he says publicly, I reckon deep down he knows that now Merc have dropped the ball with this year's car, and given he's close to the end of his career, his chance to grab an 8th title has probably gone for good. It would be no surprise if his heart was no longer in it.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Despite what he says publicly, I reckon deep down he knows that now Merc have dropped the ball with this year's car, and given he's close to the end of his career, his chance to grab an 8th title has probably gone for good. It would be no surprise if his heart was no longer in it.

It certainly can't be much fun.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think it was probably more a case of having nothing to race for so save the engine/gearbox etc for the next race

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
It’s fantastic to see the Mercs back at the sharp end. And Redbull struggling for reliability again ?

56FDFD0E-B115-4532-B501-4AFCD8EAB04B.jpeg

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Race Director doesn’t follow rules in last race of season, Mercedes lead push to get him fired.
New Race Director tries to enforce rules that have not been followed for years (jewellery) and Mercedes start crying ???

Springveldt

Visit site
Not sure they could find any bigger knobs or rider people to interview on the grid walk
Absolute car crash TV. So many completely clueless airheads wandering around. Laughed out loud when Brundle said "It's like the floodgates have been opened, is there anyone left in the grandstands?"

Mercedes looked more competitive but I'm wondering if it was just the layout and the temperature of the track. Still miles off the pace really though.

The Red Bull is too fast in a straight line for the Ferrari. Even with DRS LeClerc couldn't even close on Verstappen never mind over take him.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolute car crash TV. So many completely clueless airheads wandering around. Laughed out loud when Brundle said "It's like the floodgates have been opened, is there anyone left in the grandstands?"

Mercedes looked more competitive but I'm wondering if it was just the layout and the temperature of the track. Still miles off the pace really though.

The Red Bull is too fast in a straight line for the Ferrari. Even with DRS LeClerc couldn't even close on Verstappen never mind over take him.

It’s interesting how although cars can follow more closely, the change to aero rules also means that DRS is less effective.

I wonder if anyone has done any work to see what the lap delta required is for an overtake this season vs last season? Wouldn’t be surprised if it isn’t THAT different.

Overall I’d say better that cars can follow closely, not sure it’s massively more entertaining though.