F1 2021

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Verstappen is an amazingly talented driver and super fast, probably the fastest over a single lap on the grid in 2021, but he's also a monumental eejit.

F1 is a very dangerous sport, it's only a matter of time until he's involved in an incident where he or a fellow driver is seriously hurt.

That was pure red mist after his pit stop was a disaster, you have to expect and indeed demand better from one of the best drivers in the world.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Another cracking race. Shame Lando didn't get the win instead of Ricardo. But nice to see McLaren back on the top step.

Max once again proving he can't race cleanly. A 3 place grid penalty seems lenient for deliberately driving into another car.

Maybe he will learn one day that he doesn't have the right to put his car wherever he wants and everyone else has to get out of the way.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another cracking race. Shame Lando didn't get the win instead of Ricardo. But nice to see McLaren back on the top step.

Max once again proving he can't race cleanly. A 3 place grid penalty seems lenient for deliberately driving into another car.

Maybe he will learn one day that he doesn't have the right to put his car wherever he wants and everyone else has to get out of the way.

He should get another 2 place penalty for artistic impression...??

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Verstappen is an amazingly talented driver and super fast, probably the fastest over a single lap on the grid in 2021, but he's also a monumental eejit.

F1 is a very dangerous sport, it's only a matter of time until he's involved in an incident where he or a fellow driver is seriously hurt.

That was pure red mist after his pit stop was a disaster, you have to expect and indeed demand better from one of the best drivers in the world.

Yes, although those sausage kerbs need removing. What’s the point of them other than to cause dangerous situations? Verstappen should just have run out of road, maybe bumped tyres and one or other of them turned around, but bouncing over the kerb got him airborne

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
For the last 6 years, Christian Horner has been making excuses for Max, he's young, he's learning, he's maturing, he's learned his lesson etc.
Clearly he isn't young any more and he obviously hasn't learned his lesson.

In 2015 in his first season he got his first F1 drive and when his team told him to let his team mate pass he shouted back NO and refused to follow team orders.

I wasn't impressed with his behaviour then and he's done nothing since to change my mind.
And has been mentioned already, the way he walked away from the crash showing no interest in Lewis's condition, shows the smug, self-importance of the man.
Like father like son.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sadly he doesn't think his actions have consequences, sooner or later he will seriously hurt or kill someone. I hoped his shunt as Silverstone might make him think twice in future but thats clearly not going to happen

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Some real drama queens on here, he gonna kill someone, he's a baby, he's petulant. When was the last time a driver killed another driver in F1, ain't gonna happen, put your panties back on, it's a racing incident. I am 50 and looking back at the best drivers i have watched down the years like Senna, Prost, Piquet, Hunt, Mansell, Alonso or Schumacher none of them would have backed out, winners wanna win and most at all costs.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Some real drama queens on here, he gonna kill someone, he's a baby, he's petulant. When was the last time a driver killed another driver in F1, ain't gonna happen, put your panties back on, it's a racing incident. I am 50 and looking back at the best drivers i have watched down the years like Senna, Prost, Piquet, Hunt, Mansell, Alonso or Schumacher none of them would have backed out, winners wanna win and most at all costs.
Drama queens really, Max is a tit. Schumacher was dirty. Senna was honest about being dirty. But Max is just a tit. It is always someone else’s fault. A fast driver in a fast car that’s won nowt. Like someone else has said on other discussions, if Max could really drive he would be 50 points in front of Lewis now.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It seems that the stewards disagree and have given Verstappen a 3 place grid penalty for the next race. I think I'll go with their expertise and say that Verstappen caused the incident rather than it being a racing incident.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
It seems that the stewards disagree and have given Verstappen a 3 place grid penalty for the next race. I think I'll go with their expertise and say that Verstappen caused the incident rather than it being a racing incident.
A 3 place grid penalty that is actually no penalty at all because RB were always planning to take an engine change penalty at Sochi. He was going to start at the back of the grid anyway.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A 3 place grid penalty that is actually no penalty at all because RB were always planning to take an engine change penalty at Sochi. He was going to start at the back of the grid anyway.
Clive there are thoughts that even with the new ending will it last the season. What happens if they need another. ? Same penalty, back of the grid.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Verstappen is Horner's golden child, can do nothing wrong. Riciardo was quick to spot this, knew he stood no chance in the team from then on, and sensibly jumped ship. Can't blame him for that. Don't like Verstappen, will never admit to being wrong.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Nah. I'm of the same age and Max was going for a gap that wasn't there. If that was deemed a racing incident, then that would have open the door for many more stupid manoeuvres going forward.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Verstappen is Horner's golden child, can do nothing wrong. Riciardo was quick to spot this, knew he stood no chance in the team from then on, and sensibly jumped ship. Can't blame him for that. Don't like Verstappen, will never admit to being wrong.
Horner thinks he is the golden child, because frankly he is. Regardless of people’s opinions of him he’s a generational talent, and comfortably the best since Lewis came through. (Vettel was good, but not quite that level).
The verstappens and Horner go back a long way as well, with Horner and Max’s Mam racing in the same karting team in the late 80s, added to this it’s been no secret that Vos has been grooming Max his entire life for this.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
A starting grid no-one could have predicted, can't wait for the first couple of corners.
Especially Max v Charles Leclerc
The podium could be full of brits :)

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
A starting grid no-one could have predicted, can't wait for the first couple of corners.
Especially Max v Charles Leclerc
The podium could be full of brits :)

Aye, not the greatest moment for Hamilton to hit the wall in the pits with Max already guaranteed dead last on the grid. Pleased for Norris after his big shunt at Spa to get pole, deffo a quality driver.

Should be an intersting race with so many cars out of position.