F1 2021

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So, tight twisty, but surprisingly quick track with lots of banking and lumpy bits. Very limited opportunities to overtake. Very unforgiving of mistakes. And a long run down to the first corner. Red flag at some stage tomorrow - probable. Safety car at some stage tomorrow - virtually certain.

What's the chances of Max and Louis both making it to turn 2 with all wheels pointing forward?

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
So, tight twisty, but surprisingly quick track with lots of banking and lumpy bits. Very limited opportunities to overtake. Very unforgiving of mistakes. And a long run down to the first corner. Red flag at some stage tomorrow - probable. Safety car at some stage tomorrow - virtually certain.

What's the chances of Max and Louis both making it to turn 2 with all wheels pointing forward?

Quite a short run from the grid to T1 but deffo expect Hammy to do everything he can to find a way past on the first lap.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I think this could be a crash city race. For the top guys I would be aiming to get round and score decent points a bit take your medicine and move on. More to lose here I think

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
I think this could be a crash city race. For the top guys I would be aiming to get round and score decent points a bit take your medicine and move on. More to lose here I think
Watched the formula 3 race yday and there was a bit of bumper cars the first 3 corners. Settled down after that though.
I think if Lewis doesn’t get into the lead by turn 3 then Max just runs away with it, I think he was actually about 2 or 3 tenths quicker than Lewis but made a few mistakes on last lap.
Turn 3 will be an interesting spot for some moves today, if anyone gets on the inside then expect they will wash out to right side of the track on exit forcing the other car to slow or be taken out, so I expect a few clashes there today. Other than that it’s going to be ensuring you keep close on the last corner and getting a good run into one.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pretty uneventful race at the front and the expected outcome, but what an atmosphere!! Would deffo look at attending that race in person in the future.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was going to record and watch a later. I reckoned there would no overtaking - got that wrong.

Loved the comment from Jensen about the extra 2 years of Bottas' life after Vettel's spin.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Dull as a margarine sandwich with a glass of ditchwater on the side. Some tracks need incidents to give an exciting race, and this is one of them.

I must admit I'm extremely surprised we didn't get any incidents. They were struggling to stay on the track for the first two days, and then only one yellow during the race.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I wonder if they put any effort into trying to get Bottas to go to Williams.

Strong rumours are that Albon will be getting the Williams seat. Williams get Merc engines and Albon is in the Red Bull drivers stable. Can’t see Merc being happy with a customer team telling Red Bull all their engine secrets.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wonder if they put any effort into trying to get Bottas to go to Williams.

Strong rumours are that Albon will be getting the Williams seat. Williams get Merc engines and Albon is in the Red Bull drivers stable. Can’t see Merc being happy with a customer team telling Red Bull all their engine secrets.

Albon will not be allowed to join Williams unless Red Bull terminate their contract with Albon. That has already been stated openly by both Red Bull and Mercedes.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Albon will not be allowed to join Williams unless Red Bull terminate their contract with Albon. That has already been stated openly by both Red Bull and Mercedes.
It’s a really poor situation all round, and indirectly the 3 main teams pretty much control 60% of the grid. Toto is just trying to ensure that nick de vries gets a drive, and is using it as an excuse. Albon won’t have access or be privy to any info that some of the worlds smartest engineers won’t be able to work out after 3 or 4 races. It’s not like he’s going to be able to get ‘under the bonnet’ and start tinkering around.

Mind, Horner isn’t faultless in this, he already has 4 seats available and now wants one of his stable to take another. If he’s so good then Horner could always offer up one of his 4 seats.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pleased for McLaren, they had a fine race and looked nippy.

There was no room for Max at all. If it had been the other way around, Horner would have been spitting teeth. Damon Hill didn‘t hide what he thought either ?

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Max is very very lucky, he has massively got away with one there. When him and Lewis Collided the other week he was adamant he was half a car length ahead. This time he is not. He screwed up, not just that he did not even look to see if the other driver/ Lewis was ok. He is a tool.
A three place penalty in the next race is like fining a millionaire £5