F1 2021

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Monaco grand prix is never likely to be dropped simply because it is where the money is and there is no better place to schmooze the sponsors.

For me I watched the first and the last 10 minutes.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's a track I cannot handle on F1 20 on the PS4. I just simulate the entire weekend. I have trouble with the likes of Azerbaijan and Singapore but I just cannot even get within two seconds of the slowest other car at Monaco. And yet I've just finished runner-up to Bottas through a full season in my own team.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Obviously glad Max isn't hurt, however can't help but think thats a bit if karma right there, Checo should be winning this race in his own right had RB not held him up in the pits

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Obviously glad Max isn't hurt, however can't help but think thats a bit if karma right there, Checo should be winning this race in his own right had RB not held him up in the pits
Cracking race though.

I said to the boy, I bet Perez has a sticky pit stop. And shock horror it wasnjust slow enough to put him back out between Max and Lewis.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cracking race though.

I said to the boy, I bet Perez has a sticky pit stop. And shock horror it wasnjust slow enough to put him back out between Max and Lewis.
And then Horner tries to blame it on Checo not hitting his marks! Rubbish, it does not take the fastest crew in the pits over two seconds to readjust. The man is a complete nut

Last edited by a moderator:

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Reasons for Lewis Hamilton over-shooting the first corner at the re-start:-

1. The brakes did not work properly.
2. The pit crew put the wrong brakes/tyres on.
3. The pit crew put me on the wrong strategy.
4. Someone hit me.
5. It's because I'm black.

Reason it really happened

1. I screwed up.

BiMGuy

Visit site

4. Someone hit me.

1. I screwed up.

Surely that's a post for the laughter is the best medicine thread. Because it is about as funny as everything posted in there. #yawn

D

Deleted member 15344

4. Someone hit me.

1. I screwed up.

If it’s supposed to be funny it’s failed on all accounts

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It seems the reason LH messed up the restart was because he accidentally flicked a switch that TURNS THE BRAKES OFF........
And the reason for having this switch is....?:unsure:

BiMGuy

Visit site
It seems the reason LH messed up the restart was because he accidentally flicked a switch that TURNS THE BRAKES OFF........

It was the switch that engages the settings used to warm up the tyres on the formation lap. Funnily enough called break magic ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

4. Someone hit me.

1. I screwed up.

It was as he said on the radio - his fault and apologised to the crew.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its a switch used to put all the braking effort into the front wheels to get them warmed up, hence the smoking brakes on the line. Unfortunately the silly sod forgot to turn it off?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Its a switch used to put all the braking effort into the front wheels to get them warmed up, hence the smoking brakes on the line. Unfortunately the silly sod forgot to turn it off?
He turned it off, but then accidentally knocked it back on when jinking away from Perez when Checo moved over to defend his position.

The main thing I take from the race is that Bottas now seems to have had his spirit broken.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Surely that's a post for the laughter is the best medicine thread. Because it is about as funny as everything posted in there. #yawn

So why do you bother to carry on reading that thread then (unless of course you like reading unfunny things :rolleyes:)

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So were the stewards correct today?

For me, I thought the decision was harsh. I thought racing incident, especially as it was the first lap. One could have been a bit closer to the apex, the other could have turned in less aggressively.

I thought the stewards had announced they were going to allow more wheel to wheel racing, but last time out and today seems to point against that. There's little enough overtaking without the drivers fearing being penalised.

D

Deleted member 15344

For me, I thought the decision was harsh. I thought racing incident, especially as it was the first lap. One could have been a bit closer to the apex, the other could have turned in less aggressively.

I thought the stewards had announced they were going to allow more wheel to wheel racing, but last time out and today seems to point against that. There's little enough overtaking without the drivers fearing being penalised.

Well by knocking out his main rival it allowed him to win the race - guess it will make the season a bit more interesting now

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

To be honest I was on the edge of my seat watching it, ( first time this season), it was fantastic to see. Am not a Hamilton lover but I thought it was 100% a racing incident in which no one was to solely blame. But they were both to blame. It could so easily of been Hamilton who went off.
gutted for verstappen, but he is now saying Hamilton is being disrespectful and should apologise.For wha.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

I saw the analysis at the end of the race, the fella who was doing it got it spot on, Verstappen steered hard right just before impact, he looked to be trying to cut across Hamilton before the corner. It also showed Verstappen pulling off the same move Hamilton did in a few races already this year but Hamilton conceded the corner each time.
Wrong decision for me but thankfully both drivers came through unscathed.