F1 2021

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I used to live just down the road from the Maybury Road works. Look at the size of the place they went to on Sheerwater in comparison although I now believe they are somewhere near Fairoaks. ( I moved away in the late 70s).

I only moved away last month. I was down there once doing a feature on Nick Phipps who was a GB Bobsleigh driver who used McLaren to build his sled. Walked in and Niki Lauda was answering the reception phones - he had lost a bet over a Grand Prix and had to do an hour there. Wasn't allowed to write about it at the time but everyone in the factory came out to see it. Apparently the reception girls made him get them teas as well. The new McLaren base is a mile up the road towards Chertsey and is massive.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well this could be interesting. Absolutely hosing it down at tamburello while the rest of the track is bone dry. Mazepin might not even make it to the grid!?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Well this could be interesting. Absolutely hosing it down at tamburello while the rest of the track is bone dry. Mazepin might not even make it to the grid!?
Alonso almost didn't.
Aston Martin breaks on fire.
This could be absolute carnage. Love a variable weather race.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
If he lasts the season.
Maybe he wants to get 'released from his contract', that could be worth a few Euros.

Bottas is going nowhere until the end of the season. Lewis is going for number 8 and he LOVES having Bottas in the other car.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wow. Even by Monaco's standards that was dull.

I know it'll never happen but I so wish Monaco was permanently removed the calendar. Spending the whole race hoping that someone crashes just so that something happens is wrong.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wow. Even by Monaco's standards that was dull.

I know it'll never happen but I so wish Monaco was permanently removed the calendar. Spending the whole race hoping that someone crashes just so that something happens is wrong.
I have stopped taking interest in Monaco a long time ago. I agree it should be removed from the calender, if for nothing more than the danger exiting the pits creates. The only way Monaco would work is it they made all the teams enter a go-kart for the race instead of the current cars.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I watched the highlights on YouTube - when they show the start and the first few corners, then jump to a pitstop on lap 30, then you have a problem.