F1 2021

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just finished bingeing series 3 of Drive to Survive. Good job they dont have a bleep machine, it wouldn't last long!??

I have been watching this, very good. really insightful.

I agree about some of the verbal content had me thinking who is worse a football manager or a F1 team manager. You do not hear any of that on the race coverage no wonder you do not hear a lot of the team radio messages.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Verstappen just smashed Hammy for pole, 0.4 seconds clear. Deffo game on for this season, hopefully will run all year and be a classic.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The three series of "Drive to Survive" has re-evoked some interest in F1 for me. I would like to see Ricciardo do well because he is just such a character and always had a soft spot for McLaren since I used to work for the Surrey Advertiser in the 1980s and spent some time at their original base in Woking town center. And of course, Hamilton to have a ton of things go wrong so he can carry on whining like a spoilt child and blaming his colour for any decision that goes against him. Also thought Christian Horner came across really well throughout and he did pull a Spice Girl.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I don't mind Hamilton, I don't think he whinges any more than any of the other top drivers.
But I watched him in an interview the other night and I can't work out for the life of me why he was wearing two strings of pearls around his neck.
I'm all for individuality, but pearl necklaces don't really go with the image of a racing driver.
Would Senna, Mansell, Prost or Lauder have worn them???
?????

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't mind Hamilton, I don't think he whinges any more than any of the other top drivers.
But I watched him in an interview the other night and I can't work out for the life of me why he was wearing two strings of pearls around his neck.
I'm all for individuality, but pearl necklaces don't really go with the image of a racing driver.
?????
I’m all for individuality as long as it conforms to my preconceptions of what a racing driver looks like ???

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
?????

Is there any evidence that the afore mentioned drivers didn't wear ladies underwear?

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I haven’t seen, but did Max get told to hand the place back by his team or the FIA?

Race control told Red Bull to tell him to hand it back. Open and shut case, Hamilton didn't force him wide and he completed the overtake by going off track.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The three series of "Drive to Survive" has re-evoked some interest in F1 for me. I would like to see Ricciardo do well because he is just such a character and always had a soft spot for McLaren since I used to work for the Surrey Advertiser in the 1980s and spent some time at their original base in Woking town center. And of course, Hamilton to have a ton of things go wrong so he can carry on whining like a spoilt child and blaming his colour for any decision that goes against him. Also thought Christian Horner came across really well throughout and he did pull a Spice Girl.

I used to live just down the road from the Maybury Road works. Look at the size of the place they went to on Sheerwater in comparison although I now believe they are somewhere near Fairoaks. ( I moved away in the late 70s).

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great race start to finish. Verstappen proving again thatbhe is too hot headed/inexperienced to win a championship yet. Lewis on the back foot the whole way but pulled it out when it mattered. One thing is for sure though whoever wins this year wont be winning it in Mexico!

?????
Reckon James Hunt might have given a few out during his time ??