F1 2021

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tjink thats all the cars revealed now apart from ferarri (red) and Williams (white). I think the Aston Martin is the pick of the bunch, it looks stunning ?

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tjink thats all the cars revealed now apart from ferarri (red) and Williams (white). I think the Aston Martin is the pick of the bunch, it looks stunning ?

No surprise though it is quite close, in looks, to the Mercedes as it uses a good deal of the same components... Use the same wind tunnel as well... All down to SV to show he's not lost 'it'...

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just over two weeks to go to the first race of the season.
I'd love to see both McClaren and "Aston Martin" pose a serious threat to Merc & Red Bull, and to see Williams hopefully (!!) improve a bit on the last few seasons.
I wonder if Alonso will get a podium finish under "normal" circumstances, (i.e. no rain or safety car debacles).

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I genuinely believe AM have made a huge error signing a has been...
When, with a bit of negotiation, they could've probably signed George Russell a driver with HUGE potential...

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whilst I acknowledge pre-season testing 'results' can be notoriously misleading...
There appears to be a few indicators that there may be a change in the status quo to look forward to this year...

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think it's far too early to herald a changing of the guard. Mercedes were poor on the very very low grip track last year (Turkey was it?), and the test was definitely low grip.

Also, iirc, Mercedes pre-season tests last year were pretty unremarkable. And then the first race happened.

It would be nice to see a challenge to them, but I think that will have to wait until next year.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it's far too early to herald a changing of the guard. Mercedes were poor on the very very low grip track last year (Turkey was it?), and the test was definitely low grip.

Also, iirc, Mercedes pre-season tests last year were pretty unremarkable. And then the first race happened.

It would be nice to see a challenge to them, but I think that will have to wait until next year.

Yep... Mercedes are past masters of 'rabbit out of the hat' surprises...
Preferably hoping we see a bit/lot more challenges for the podium going forward...

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Merc will dominate again but the midfield looks like itbhas really tightened up, could be 6 teams battling it out for the minor podium spots