F1 2021

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
So, no more overtaking on the outside, and drivers are allowed to maintain their position by leaving the circuit.

Should be fun!

Sport has a funny way of dishing out Karma. Cannot wait to see what it has in store for Redbull.

BiMGuy

Visit site
Redbull have got enough issues with their own rear wing to be worrying about what Mercedes are doing.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Flexi rear wings have been around for a while. They had them on the Ferrari mid 2000s . I remember Rubén’s engineer come in ask if wing xxx was fitted and then walk to the back plane and push down on it in the middle and it deflected.
Myself and the other embedded supplier engineer looked at each other and just rolled our eyes .. but most the photographers were concentrating on Michael’s car .. so it might of passed by.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
So, no more overtaking on the outside, and drivers are allowed to maintain their position by leaving the circuit.
Should be fun!
This ruling has effectively made it impossible to overtake at a corner. All the defending driver needs to do is place his car on the inside line, then allow it to drift out and push the overtaker off the track. I reckon Fernando will be taking advantage at every possible opportunity, if for no other reason than to demonstrate how badly the FIA have screwed up.

It will now only be possible to overtake if you have sufficient speed to complete the pass on the straight, before getting to the braking point.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
So Christian Horner has a large dossier of photos of the Mercedes DRS wing and he's pleased that the FIA are going to investigate the scratches. Maybe another DQ coming if they find another 0.2mm issue.

It's a shame they didn't investigate turn 4 last Sunday.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
If Hamilton actually gets his car, all of his car, in front of Verstappen then he can place his car whenever he likes on the track; the issue is that Hamilton only ever got alongside Verstappen, rather than in front of him.

BiMGuy

Visit site
If Hamilton actually gets his car, all of his car, in front of Verstappen then he can place his car whenever he likes on the track; the issue is that Hamilton only ever got alongside Verstappen, rather than in front of him.
Go watch it again. Lewis had most of his car past Max. In the rules that means the corner was Lewis’s.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hope he doesn't get a grid penalty. I want to see Bottas dive up the inside of him in the first corner and run in to the side of him claiming that he's allowed to brake late and Max shouldn't have turned across him.
You might still get your wish, bottas and sainz have been called in as well!?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Verstappen summoned to stewards for not respecting double waved yellows
The stewards must know they made a big mistake in Brazil, so Max has given them a perfect opportunity to make amends. This offence normally attracts a 5 place grid penalty, and there's no reason it should be any different in this case.

That puts him behind Sainz, Norris and - most interestingly - Alonso. I predict that Fernando will run him off the track, just to make a point.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The stewards must know they made a big mistake in Brazil, so Max has given them a perfect opportunity to make amends. This offence normally attracts a 5 place grid penalty, and there's no reason it should be any different in this case.

That puts him behind Sainz, Norris and - most interestingly - Alonso. I predict that Fernando will run him off the track, just to make a point.
Thats if the Stewards have the balls to actually ignore FIA directives about stopping Merc this year..;)

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
i think Max will have a decent argument to say the green flag/light was on and he’ll get away with it. Just for the conspiracy theorists though sainz and bottas won’t.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
i think Max will have a decent argument to say the green flag/light was on and he’ll get away with it. Just for the conspiracy theorists though sainz and bottas won’t.

If you have double yellow flags waving and a green light, one of them must be wrong.
I would suggest erring on the cautious side and slow down.