F.A. Cup Final

Does your club still charge a joining fee?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I noticed the prawn sandwich brigade took their time taking their seats after half time. The seats in the middle of the stadium were almost empty. Corporate freeloaders with hardly any interest in football no doubt!
I think the middle tier seats are the ones sold for XXXmillions over a 10 yr tenure ( Club Wembley seats ) . They are not associated with any team as such and can watch all sorts of sports/music events as part of their purchase . Thats one of the reasons why in a 90,000 seater stadium , the two opposing teams get only approx 55K seats between them :mad:

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I didn't know that Paul.

I did notice that the vast majority of seats were retaken as the 2nd half progressed.

I'd say the FA Cup Final was the biggest event the stadium hosts during the year.

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
Well, we lost :mad: but were not battered, which was a bit of a relief, we were a bit toothless up front and J F H was well off the pace so I have to say the better team won and at least all the fans stayed to see the cup being presented, unlike when the big 4 are there. Had some good friendly banter with the Pompey fans on the tubes and around the ground.

Well done Pompey

In response to the question of why Land of My Fathers was sung, it was not because the club or fans wanted it but because some Welsh Assembly Member ( aka jobs for the boys ) wanted it played to take some brownie points when the local elections were coming up.

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sorry about the result Squire. Congratulations, however, for taking it on the chin. Not many good losers around these days.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I say well done to both teams, probably more so to Cardiff.
But, as a spectacle of football and a celebration of our national game (supposedly), it was the worst cup final in memory.....
Not taking anything away from these two particular teams, sometimes the best action goes by long ago, earlier in the rounds....

collins

Club Champion
Visit site
I went to the game and had a great day (pompey fan).

Firstly well done to the_squire for being sound in defeat.

I agree, with more fire power you may have got a result but Pompeys defence was resolute!

The game was not a classic but I think Pompey went with a gameplan and it worked. On the back of 4 defeats and some poor performances I think they were lacking confidence and it certainly showed until they scored.

Diarra was top class though and a joy to watch paricularly 2nd half I hope they don't let him go in the summer!

Am looking forward to watching local news later and seeing the celebrations in Pompey. It has put a lot of pride and happiness into the city! thanks harry!!

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Worst Cup final? Come off it. Arsenal - Man U & Man U - Chelsea were miles worse.

Portsmouth should be ashamed of themselves for being so negative and protecting their somewhat flukey 1-0 lead.

Yesterday was a bit like this Wednesday; regardless of who wins, I won't be happy.

If push came to shove though, I would have preferred Cardiff purely because of how much I hate that (allegedly) crooked tosspot Redknapp. Moronic, clueless dinosaur stuck in the 70s with his football style and political views.

Dismissed the woman who is being used by most Olympic squads and rugby teams for her work in visual dyslexia issues as "some Doctor bird what don't know nothing about football". Sexist idiot with an equally idiotic vapid son.

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Toony
You're obviously not a fan of the Redknapp family.
Anyway, congratulations on staying up. I think it must be good for the game if clubs like Newcastle and Villa are playing in the top flight. Who else will challenge the domination of the big ''four''? Maybe Everton, Spurs?

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Toony
You're obviously not a fan of the Redknapp family.
Anyway, congratulations on staying up. I think it must be good for the game if clubs like Newcastle and Villa are playing in the top flight. Who else will challenge the domination of the big ''four''? Maybe Everton, Spurs?

Too right. A son with the brains of a sponge and a father of highly questionable morals. Neither of whom would invade our screens if they weren't part of the media Mafia and their 'good friends' at Sky.

As for the so-called 'big-four' challenge, it will be interesting to see whether Platini's pledge to stop debt-ridden clubs getting away with it will have any impact.

collins

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm sure you'd be singing from a different hymn sheet if he'd come to your place and won your team some silverware!

He does have some old fashioned morals and a good one of those is loyalty to the clubs he has served unlike far too many in football these days!

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
He does have some old fashioned morals and a good one of those is loyalty to the clubs he has served unlike far too many in football these days!

Loyalty my arse.

Mr 'I'll never go to Southampton/Portsmouth' (delete as appropriate). Not to mention his 'I love portsmouth me and i'll never leave...ooh job interview for Newcastle? On me way...' and then when not offered the job, pretending to the world that he 'turned it down' which is interesting, as that means I've turned plenty of jobs down in my past after never hearing back from the employer...

For 'old-fashioned morals' read 'anachronistic dinosaur'.

And had he, like Fat Head Allardyce before him, won silverware at my club, my gratitude would still be tempered by my personal dislike of the human.

collins

Club Champion
Visit site
He didn't leave Pompey to go to Southampton. He left the club because he didn't like the re-structuring that was going on. He then took a job there a few weeks later, because he still wanted to be in football - although I agree it was all bad timing and strange!

However I respect your opinions and banter - I am just gonna have to disagree with them!

On a personal note I've had a great week. My first proper eagle last tues in a round that finished 2 over par. Pompey won the cup on Sat and then my first ever albatross this morning on a 281 yard par 4! Let's all enjoy the good times!