F.A. Cup Final

Does your club still charge a joining fee?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
B

birdieman

Will it not be rather embarrassing if Cardiff City win the FA Cup?
In golf terms I would liken it to Todd Hamilton winning our Open Championship, everyone said well done but secretly we were embarrassed that such an average player could get his hands on the Claret Jug - didn't seem right somehow, sort of demeaned the status and worth of the title Open Champion!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am just happy to see a final not involving the big 4 teams. I will actually watch the match this year when normally I am not bothered.

benny

Head Pro
Visit site
Will it not be rather embarrassing if Cardiff City win the FA Cup?
In golf terms I would liken it to Todd Hamilton winning our Open Championship, everyone said well done but secretly we were embarrassed that such an average player could get his hands on the Claret Jug - didn't seem right somehow, sort of demeaned the status and worth of the title Open Champion!

Couldn't agree more - Cardiff shouldnt even be in the cup.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Squire - no I'm not that much of a supporter. I actually have a number of teams that I sort of support - more against other opposition than anything else. Brighton - because I was born there and my Dad was offered a pro-contract with them (1930's). Chelsea - as his (distant) cousin played for them (Peter Brabrook). Portsmouth - they were there and have always had the best and friendliest crowd bar none.

Benny - dead wrong - they've earned their place. the time for them not to be eligible was when they were accepted into the English league.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I want portsmouth to win big time.

I absolutely despise Cardiff City (apologies to the decent fans here) because I have had several experiences with a certain section of their fans being absolute scum and it is for that reason why I want them to lose.

I have no time for thugs and having seen 2 cardiff supporters lay into a 70y/o man for wearing a Gillingham scarf I will never have any goodwill towards Cardiff city.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Portsmouth all the way for me for 4 reasons
1. CC would be out of their depth in the uefa cup
2. It isn't fair (as Benny pointed out) that D Purse is available
3. Harry is a good bloke & his teams play the right way.
4. I'm a Barnsley fan, used to go home and away. it should have been us. However probably did us a favour as i think we would have been relgated had we got to wembley

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
Medwayjon,

I can understand your position on my team if that is from experience and I will not defend it, but I have to say it is a minority and not confined to just Cardiff, I also agree that the thugs (they're not fans) who cause the trouble are indeed scum.

As for the opinion of 'shouldn't be there', why not ? It's only because we have made the final that this subject of us being in the competition has come up, I have never heard anyone comment that we should not be in the draw at the start of the competiton.

I also agree with the comment that we should be in front of the English F.A. for disiplinary purposes as that is the league we play in.

If Cardiff weren't in the final I would be backing Pompey as I think Arry Redknapp is a top bloke.

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
Cardiff, mainly because of that tosser Rednapp, although Cardiff have an ex-Don in their line-up, and a couple of other Scots, so that is in their favour too.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Personally I think the Rozzers will win after the other nights lesson in Manchester.

Being a public forum, and recent 'events' on this site, I am unable to express what I think of these so called fans. Oh and don't go crying to some reporter that you got nailed by an alsation and saying you're innocent. If you are innocent just get outta there, and don't wait to get clobbered by the feds. IMHO these 'supporters' deserve any 'heavy handed' treatment that the police dole out. I know that if I was facing a large crowd of angry drunk loons, then anything in my path is a threat, end of.

So to anyone going on Sat for genuine reasons to Wembley have a great day, I'm sure that the atmosphere will be awesome, just don't hang around to watch or view the trouble afterwards.

PS If I had to choose it would be Pompey as my son was born there, but I really don't care!

Flame away!!

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Well, Pompey did it.

What was with the "Land of my fathers" before the game? They don't usually do that. What's wrong with just playing the National Anthem which the Pompey fans had. It's the anthem of Britain.

Nice to see that character from Portsmouth made it to the final. (The guy covered in tatoos with the big hat.) Looks like they took his bell off him, he usually rings it throughout the entire match.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I noticed the prawn sandwich brigade took their time taking their seats after half time. The seats in the middle of the stadium were almost empty. Corporate freeloaders with hardly any interest in football no doubt!

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I understand that a high percentage of seats at Wembley are 'corporate'. A mate of mine was invited to go as a corporate guest, but declined as he's not a great football fan and it was his sons 18th today.

Ironically I switched on 30 secs before the goal was scored, then went and did the shopping. Didn't miss a thing then.