Evnroll putters

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just wondering who plays Evnroll putters, do they do what they're supposed to do in hitting off centred hits the same distance as well hit putts, are they worth the money and any view on which model is the best?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have an ER2B, and it’s lovely. I have definitely mis-hit it a couple of times, and it still rolls out well and roughly where I want it.
They get a thumbs up from me.

as for shape etc, thats completely up to you. For me, there were only ever 2 shapes I was interested in, the ER2B and the ER5B

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think they look great and I would love one, but I can't justify the spend when I still love the putter I've got now and had for four years.

One thing I always wonder though is why not a single tour pro seems to use one. Even SeeMore has Zach Johnson, but Evnroll, I can't think of anyone that I've seen. Rick Shiels doesn't count.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think they look great and I would love one, but I can't justify the spend when I still love the putter I've got now and had for four years.

One thing I always wonder though is why not a single tour pro seems to use one. Even SeeMore has Zach Johnson, but Evnroll, I can't think of anyone that I've seen. Rick Shiels doesn't count.

I think because they don’t throw money at tour pros for them to use the putters.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
If one particular product produced superior results, the world's best would be using it pretty quickly.

I think the Pro's hit their putter sweetspot much more consistently than us amateurs as my shonky putter showed you at Princes ? and therefore they don't need the help that the milled grooves are supposed to give.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good high quality putters, with a good variety of models. Like all clubs, the most suitable model depends on your putting style and preferences. There are face balanced and a range of toe hang models, and different grips which give different degrees of quietening the hands.

The best thing to do would be to find a pro shop that fits for them. Bearwood Lakes is one, but there are others.

I like the ER5, similar to the Justin Thomas shape.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Like most things when it comes to Pros and clubs, if you're hitting the centre with a controlled stroke then you don't need the fancy bells and whistles to get the bal, where you want
Many do use "techy" putters but lots don't.
When it comes to us mortals, we miss the middle more often than not so all this tech is going to help us more than it is the Pro.
I like the look of the #5 primarily - not a lover of blade styles or big " boxes" of putters.
I've used a fang style for a good few years now and feel comfy looking down on them.
I wonder if MikeH still has that #5 in his garage..Ill have to ask him..:whistle:

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
I've been sorely tempted for an ER2 but not as yet had the chance to actually try one.
I do wonder how much better the grooves are vs something like the Ping TR grooves, I suspect not a lot in it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
An example of some of the range. https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Evnroll-Golf-Putters.html

The face reminds me of the Ping True-Roll face designed to do same thing. I don't think the idea of maximising off centre hits is a new concept. Personally I'm not a fan of the Evnroll designs and not sure trying them in the flesh would help me change that. The point with all of these putters that give you help if you miss the centre is it masks the fact you aren't finding close to centre regularly and for me that is where I would be looking. Improved strike should equal improved consistency

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Am I being cynical or given the huge price tag on these Evnroll putters compared to a lot of others on the market, are you paying for the Guerin Rife name in the same way as paying for the Scotty Cameron name?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
An example of some of the range. https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Evnroll-Golf-Putters.html

The face reminds me of the Ping True-Roll face designed to do same thing. I don't think the idea of maximising off centre hits is a new concept. Personally I'm not a fan of the Evnroll designs and not sure trying them in the flesh would help me change that. The point with all of these putters that give you help if you miss the centre is it masks the fact you aren't finding close to centre regularly and for me that is where I would be looking. Improved strike should equal improved consistency

No it's not a concept that hasn't been tried by others, Cure do a range for example. I saw a "My golf spy" testing report where they wrote very much in praise of Evnroll and rated them very highly. If you're not hitting the sweetspot on your putter I do agree that more practice is possibly the answer, BUT why would anyone buy draw, or fade, bias drivers or game improver irons etc etc if improving what you do was always the answer ?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Am I being cynical or given the huge price tag on these Evnroll putters compared to a lot of others on the market, are you paying for the Guerin Rife name in the same way as paying for the Scotty Cameron name?

I've looked at putters of all sorts in the last couple of weeks and generally all the prices of golf equipment is , to me, ridiculously high. I bought a couple of end of range wedges in a local sale a year or so back and seen the rrp on some wedges getting up to the £170 mark - worrying I think after a Titleist fitting rep told me that they advise changing them after about 40 rounds!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've looked at putters of all sorts in the last couple of weeks and generally all the prices of golf equipment is , to me, ridiculously high. I bought a couple of end of range wedges in a local sale a year or so back and seen the rrp on some wedges getting up to the £170 mark - worrying I think after a Titleist fitting rep told me that they advise changing them after about 40 rounds!

All good for a rep to say that and fine for the pros who get free clubs but who on earth can afford a new set of Voekys every 40 rounds, less if you practice with them. Pie in the sky comment by him.