European Tour fantasy league

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Stupid, I finish 17 out of 24 in the weekly but drop down 3 to go bottom in the overall, even though I got 4 through :eek:

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Though one this week with the matchplay, I'll wait for the draw to come out before selecting my 6. No point in selecting 6 for 3 of them to be in the same group.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just had to re work my team, had the potential that if everyone got out of the groups then they would have all met each other in the first knockout stage, so had to spread them out in the hope that I have more of a chance to get more through the first stage of knockouts. Means I have a couple guys I wouldn't want to pick but better that than losing half the team.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This event, much more so than all the others, is a complete lottery...
As its Matchplay it's not unreasonable to conclude that everyone has, relatively, the same chance regardless of their World Ranking...
In the same way that 3 lucky breaks puts you 3 up, 3 unlucky breaks puts you 3 down - and that's hard to come back from over 18 holes.
I'll be happy to see my 6 through to the last 16...After that it's a bonus.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm already playing catch up so can't afford to pick an 'obvious' team so I think I'll have to go for a bit of a long shot as my Joker ................. but who?

Raesy92

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This event, much more so than all the others, is a complete lottery...
As its Matchplay it's not unreasonable to conclude that everyone has, relatively, the same chance regardless of their World Ranking...
In the same way that 3 lucky breaks puts you 3 up, 3 unlucky breaks puts you 3 down - and that's hard to come back from over 18 holes.
I'll be happy to see my 6 through to the last 16...After that it's a bonus.

Is it not just 1st from each group go through? If that's the case I'd be more than happy to see 3 of mine through and hope for a couple to get quite far, never mind get 6 through!!!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah it is one from each group go through.

So, two groups with three in?
Six groups, each with one in?
Four in one group to guarantee one into the next round?
Oooh, how about three groups with two in each?
Awww, I just don't bloody know what to do :temper:.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So, two groups with three in?
Six groups, each with one in?
Four in one group to guarantee one into the next round?
Oooh, how about three groups with two in each?
Awww, I just don't bloody know what to do :temper:.

I went with one in each group and then looked at which winners of each group play each other in the knockouts. I ended up having everyone playing each other in the knockouts if they all won. So changed it up so that everyone would play someone different to try and maximize the amount getting through if they all play well.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bugger, hadn't realised that they'd already started meaning I can't tinker with my squad :eek:.
Hey ho, could be a good thing!!