Equipment Fails

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Another for the SLDR, A hunk of junk and the first time I realised that TM advertising is better than its product.

brickie

Medal Winner
Visit site
There were some Cobra drivers around 2004/5
F Speed or something like that..like a mini H Bomb going off..
I had one of those and loved it. I did sound loud and brash though, especially in the confines of the driving range. Eventually had to take it out of the bag as it became non conforming.

sunshine

Visit site
"The strong momentum behind SLDR comes on the back of another strong year for TaylorMade, with the business gaining #1 status in Metalwood in 2013 for sell through in both Sales Value and Units across UK, Germany, France and, for the first time, in Sweden."

And then following up the loft up guarantee campaign in 2014: Sales in the UK market increased by 77% during the first month of the promotion and due to this we decided to extend the Loft Up Guarantee offer until 31st August 2014 so more golfers can take advantage of this fantastic offer,” commented Jason Howarth, Category Director, TaylorMade-adidas Golf.

Overall it definitely wasn't a flop at all. In fact i can't even remember what the other metal-wood was called, so that can't be taking the sales. Also not sure why I'm defending the SLDR so much.

You can't take an isolated quote from a random salesman from TM talking about the UK market (which is only 5% of the global market), and then extrapolate it to suggest the SLDR was a success. If you actually break down the quote, he's saying that they sold 77% more SLDR clubs after they started a promotion... maybe they only sold 100 clubs before the promotion, then 177 after the promotion.

Here is the real story:
TM sales in 2012: $1,174m
TM sales in 2014: $674m

I never tried the SLDR, but apparently it was a decent club. However it was a flop for TM.

D

Deleted member 15344

You can't take an isolated quote from a random salesman from TM talking about the UK market (which is only 5% of the global market), and then extrapolate it to suggest the SLDR was a success. If you actually break down the quote, he's saying that they sold 77% more SLDR clubs after they started a promotion... maybe they only sold 100 clubs before the promotion, then 177 after the promotion.

Here is the real story:

I never tried the SLDR, but apparently it was a decent club. However it was a flop for TM.

Do we know the actual figures of the SLDR sales to determine if it was a flop ? Maybe it wasn’t the biggest seller for them but Flop seems strong ? Especially compared to drivers like the Jetspeed , Aeroburner , R1 or RBZ stage 2 -

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
SLDR was a terrible driver, a complete failure performance wise saved by clever marketing
‘loft up because this driver we’ve designed cannot get the ball in the air’.

D

Deleted member 3432

Why were some tour pro's using blacked out versions instead of their sponsors drivers then?

Probably because tour pro's were the only golfers with enough ball speed to get them to work efficiently.

Just my guess as I have never hit one but i have never seen one in anyone's bag either.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why were some tour pro's using blacked out versions instead of their sponsors drivers then?
using tour pros as an example is ridiculous. The head might have been hot melted to move the CoG back for starters.
How coincidental loft up disappeared after 1 season

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Here is the real story:

Trust me it was rammel,

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
using tour pros as an example is ridiculous. The head might have been hot melted to move the CoG back for starters.
How coincidental loft up disappeared after 1 season

“SLDR was a terrible driver, a complete failure performance wise”

They might have done this or that.... Jesus.

Name me another driver that has made tour pros use a blacked out version not their sponsored brand. Performance wise, that indicated they liked it. Saving_park might be right that they are the only ones good enough that the lack of spin on bad hits wasn’t an issue.