Enville Golf Club or Tadmarton Golf Club?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Enville has two good courses, both part heathland, part wooded

Played Tadmarton a couple of years ago when they were redoing some of the bunkers, another good course. Heathland and more open, being on top of high ground it can be windy, which I like.

You won't be disappointed whichever you choose.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Response from Enville to my email enquiry:

No maintenance planned for this week. We do not book tee times or reserve the tee for groups of 12 or less. Last maintenance was on our Highgate course 3rd and 4th February and Lodge course 20th and 21st January.

Please check in with our Pro Shop and we look forward to welcoming you to Enville Golf Club.

Kind regards,

I know it's silly, but going to play a course where I have n't got a tee time does put me off - why do courses not operate tee times? Is this a sign that the course just does n't get busy?

D

Deleted member 15344

Enville Highgate is the better of the courses and that’s the one I would play - Tadmarten is a nice course though

As for tee times - no it’s not sign that it’s not busy , it’s a sign that the members like the freedom of just being able to go to the course when they wish to be able to play

D

Deleted member 23270

If the tee was overly busy I'm sure the club would introduce a booking system.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I am a member of a course that never has tee times........

Ring the pro, they will know when to play and when to avoid... usually they'll say stuff like "the seniors go out at 9.00.... by 10 the place is empty! :)

Used to play "Taddy" regularly...but not recently, always liked it!!

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know it's silly, but going to play a course where I have n't got a tee time does put me off - why do courses not operate tee times? Is this a sign that the course just does n't get busy?
There are threads that crop up on this subject every so often and the camp is definintely split into 2, those who would only play at a course with a booking system and those who think booking systems are the work of the devil. I'm with you and don't understand why they don't and personally I would not go to an away course where I could not book. You would need to read the past threads to get an inkling of the mindset, I can't get my head around it.

Enjoy whichever course you end up on.

Phimun

Visit site
Played Enville last year in the Staysure Pro Am event - very nice course indeed.

Would like to go back and play it at least half-decently next time !!