England V Ukraine

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rooney is a horrible human being, if the evidence that is presented is all true (plus he's a scouser ;)),

No that bit, or have I missed an "e" off.

Years ago we stayed in Gloucester on the way down to the 2001 FA cup final in Cardiff, we picked Gloucester as we'd already stayed in Cheltenham before. We asked the girl on reception "where do you go for a good night out in Gloucester", "Cheltenham" was here reply. Was she right? :)

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rooney is a horrible human being, if the evidence that is presented is all true (plus he's a scouser ;)),

No that bit, or have I missed an "e" off.

Years ago we stayed in Gloucester on the way down to the 2001 FA cup final in Cardiff, we picked Gloucester as we'd already stayed in Cheltenham before. We asked the girl on reception "where do you go for a good night out in Gloucester", "Cheltenham" was here reply. Was she right? :)

Ah! :D

And yes, she was right. Gloucester is dreadful. I only go there to watch Gloucester play Rugby. Luckily I don't live "in" Gloucester and if anyone asks where I live, I always reply "near Cheltenham" :D.

Fortunately, I'm not from round these parts originally, I'm a Notts/Lincs lad born and bred.

I love people from Liverpool really (Except StuartC, and Wayne Rooney, obviously).

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ah! :D

And yes, she was right. Gloucester is dreadful. I only go there to watch Gloucester play Rugby. Luckily I don't live "in" Gloucester and if anyone asks where I live, I always reply "near Cheltenham" :D.

Fortunately, I'm not from round these parts originally, I'm a Notts/Lincs lad born and bred.

I love people from Liverpool really (Except StuartC, and Wayne Rooney, obviously).

You have good taste in scousers. We did end up in a nightclub in Gloucester which was good (played loads of the older music), Cheltenham wasn't much better for the record. Although Tavostock in Devon is the worst/quietest night out I've ever had.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
You have good taste in scousers. We did end up in a nightclub in Gloucester which was good (played loads of the older music), Cheltenham wasn't much better for the record. Although Tavostock in Devon is the worst/quietest night out I've ever had.

It's mostly the people which brings Gloucester down! The ladies in Cheltenham are a bit posher and tend to be, in general, a bit less offensive to the eye. :whistle:

But in terms of actual "nightlife", they're both very similar and below average. Cheltenham has a few nice bars, which I prefer to nightclubs (have to be in the mood for night clubs)

Last edited:

Chuzzlewit

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rooney is a horrible human being, if the evidence that is presented is all true (plus he's a scouser ;)), but he's about as close to a "world class" footballer (that isn't named Joe Hart, he's the only true "world class" player in our side) that we've got...And he's not quite there IMO.

I will probably be drinking water, and will have missed the first 15 or so minutes as well...so nothing but responsible behaviour here! ;)

Hear hear!

Don't wanna get draw into the "scouser bashing" debate...doesn't matter where he's from, he'd still be a Pratt - a world class one.... Even if he was from Bolton!

Joe Hart? Who does he play for? Manchester Athletic??

Last edited:

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, for the first time ever, since I've been watching, all the England players sung the National Anthem!

Is this a Hodgson rule for the players?

Good to see I think. :thup:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
well that was pants in the 1st half!!!

looks like a few players are being carried by others on there, especially up front. Hope the 2nd half is better