England V Ukraine

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fair Play Pokerjoke ..

Jeez guys for once the team is meeting & exceeding the expectations , be happy , there is a system & where some guys may seem to be doing very little maybe they are doing whats been asked of them , so others can prosper ..
Italy are not great guys , lucky break last night , lucky enough break avoiding the Spanish , Germans are in the Spanish side of the draw for the Semi Finals .. Chelsea cant win the CL with the team they have :)

who knows eh ?Have reasonable faith & enjoy it

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Fair Play Pokerjoke ..

Jeez guys for once the team is meeting & exceeding the expectations , be happy , there is a system & where some guys may seem to be doing very little maybe they are doing whats been asked of them , so others can prosper ..
Italy are not great guys , lucky break last night , lucky enough break avoiding the Spanish , Germans are in the Spanish side of the draw for the Semi Finals .. Chelsea cant win the CL with the team they have :)

Well said, from a neutral.

Scott parker is a good player, although not excelling in Ukraine. Team shape is better.

Johnson is a decent defender nowadays, not the best, but a better allround player than 3-4 years ago. Move on, some people improve you know.

Rooney wasn't great, mainly down to being rusty, but he needed this match to get some of it out the way. Still scored though.

Wellbeck - seen someone on another site say he held the ball up well!!! He didn't,but he is a good player. As I predicted if he and Rooney both drop we wont have the slide ball/over the top ball to run on to as much, when one stayed up front and one dropped we were slightly better.

Lescott has been fantastic. Cole decent enough, not as marauding these days, Milner has been poor, ashley young bits of everything. Hart has also more than done his bit.

Gerrard - immense.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fair Play Pokerjoke ..

Oh, make no mistake, I'm chuffed to bits with the overall play of our team, but James Milner's selection is the only thing that continues to baffle me (Parker gets a pass for throwing his body on the line A LOT).

Now we're in the knockout stages, ANYTHING can happen. It IS setting itself up nicely for some Euro 96/World Cup 2010 revenge against ze Germans and IF we make it that far and get that monkey off our back, I probably wouldn't care at that point whether we won the final or not! That is a long way away though, and I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride and hope we can somehow send the Italians packing come Sunday night.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Rooney is a horrible human being, if the evidence that is presented is all true (plus he's a scouser ;)), but he's about as close to a "world class" footballer (that isn't named Joe Hart, he's the only true "world class" player in our side) that we've got...And he's not quite there IMO.

Gerrard and Cole ?:whistle:

Slicer30

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
[QUOTE/]I have to argue with you saying he does nothing.

Whenever our centre back has the ball, he runs towards them to receive the pass then passes it straight back to them first touch, and has his arms out for the ball again before it's even reached the defender.

Ray Wilkins Mk.II[/QUOTE]

Spot on - did you see the little incident with Ashley cole in the first half?

Cole - Parker -Cole - Parker - to Cole again!

Ashley cole couldn't belive it came back to him.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
[QUOTE/]I have to argue with you saying he does nothing.

Whenever our centre back has the ball, he runs towards them to receive the pass then passes it straight back to them first touch, and has his arms out for the ball again before it's even reached the defender.

Ray Wilkins Mk.II

Ashley cole couldn't belive it came back to him.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that called passing the ball ?

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
We went into the tournament with a new manager and a weakened squad. We were predicted to exit the tournament at the group stage.
We've got through to the knockout stages so we've exceeded expectations.
I think Roy has done a great job. For once the players appear to be playing with pride, passion and commitment - things very much lacking from England teams of yesteryear. We appear to be playing as a unit which is also pleasing to see.
I've been very impressed with pretty much every player from Hart through to Wellbeck. I do agree that Milner does need to work on his final ball as, at present, he doesn't appear to have one! But, I cannot fault his work ethic.
How far will we go? To win a tournament like this you need luck. The best team doesn't always win these things. As long as the England players play like it matters to wear the England shirt then I'm a happy man - win, lose or draw. I can do without penalties though.. :whoo:

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
unfit, overpaid and sloppy is the way i see most of them

Rooney a bit rusty, give me a break what has he been doing with himself, he is a professional footballer how can they make excuses for the bloke who struggles to pass or move with the ball, what a let down

I hope we win ( we will not ) but only if we play well and deserve to win and not by fluke goals

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Jings you English guys are a right bunch of moaning minnies.
Just be happy to be there.
You have a gem of a manager in Hodgson who is doing a good job.
The guy you all wanted 'Arry' would have you on the bus home by now.

I said earlier that I would have played Welllbeck and the big guy with the pony tail from the start and left Roonie on the subs bench. Gives you more options. I think Roonie is overweight and past his sell by now.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Ashley cole couldn't belive it came back to him.

Isn't that called passing the ball ?[/QUOTE]

Correct, Barcelona does that and everyone fawns all over them. The straight pass back to a colleague, sometimes creates that extra bit of space or draws someone slightly out of position. Sometimes it doesen't but YOU still have the ball.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jings you English guys are a right bunch of moaning minnies.
Just be happy to be there.
You have a gem of a manager in Hodgson who is doing a good job.
The guy you all wanted 'Arry' would have you on the bus home by now.

Amen. We moan if they win and moan if they lose, it's ridiculous. The only thing that baffles me is James Milner, but we've won all 3 games that he's started, so perhaps he's the catalyst? :D