Embedded ball

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ball plugged in the rough.......lift, clean and drop
Ball plugged in the fairway.....lift, clean and place

How hard can it be?

too hard apparently - 25-2 would be applicable to a ball plugged on the fairway and requires a ball to be dropped, not placed.

if this relief is extended to TTG by LR it would also be dropped.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
A club can introduce the local rule at anytime but can't run a competition as a qualifying comp with preferred lies between April 30th and Sept 30th without the area unions consent. CONGU clause 15.

I'm referencing the SGU version because the club is in Scotland ;) , but I think this is the same with all......... dec 1c covers the provision of this LR without restriction.

I agree that the the provision of preferred lies in the period you reference requires reference to the Union, but we aren't talking about preferred lies.

As an aside the Unions may be getting a lot of phone calls over the net few days!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
but we aren't talking about preferred lies.

If the course is so wet that balls are plugging on the fairway and rough, then in my opinion preferred lies should be in place...irrespective of the time of year.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
If the course is so wet that balls are plugging on the fairway and rough, then in my opinion preferred lies should be in place...irrespective of the time of year.

But relief for a plugged ball on close-mown areas is available all the year round and does not rely on preferred lies being in force.