ElevenSports in Trouble

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

Sky aren’t going to “split” up their subscriptions- they may lose sports to help gain others - for example they are looking to try and get CL back which is going to cost a lot to get so they may cut loose sports that don’t bring in subscribers like Golf.

There is more and more technology being delivered and tested for sat broadcasting - the UK is decades away from having a good enough Internet infrastructure that well enable a “internet broadcaster” to be a big player in the UK sat and digital is going to continue to be the market leading for a long time yet

Also the Premier League will never allow a broadcaster to just sell packages that enable someone to watch just matches of one team only - it would then make the imbalance between the smaller and bigger clubs even more so - it certainly doesn’t help La Liga

Sky pay a lot of money for the premier league - they are going to ensure they get their subscribers to help pay for it

Its interesting, as I gave up my nowtv subscription after the black deal they done last year as it is just to expensive for watching a bit of golf, as do not watch any other sport on nowtv. If they had offered me a similar deal I would probably renewed but did not.

So in some ways it works the other way as well, they lose revenue making subscribers pay for it.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do hope that is the case make so much easier to choose to have what you want. Its already prevalent in US sports with NFL & MLB where you can buy a game pass specific to your supported team. Works out cheaper and specific to want you want to watch
But the big difference is that the US has their 4 main sports that each have a quarter of the year so their is almost no viewer overlap. That enables them to concentrate coverage and viewing numbers. We have too many sports going on at any one time.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
DAZN's the one to look out for. ElevenSports were just a pretender. DAZN are taking over combat sports with HUGE investment. They're taking over Boxing (have just signed Canelo and have a partnership with Eddie Hearn), they've got the UFCs main competitor Bellator, and are continuing to expand within combat sports. They've also got the rights to show all major football events (Premier League, Champions League, La Liga, World Cup etc) in countries like Austria, Germany, Japan, Canada and then are beginning to gain rights in the US. They're going to be huge in a few years and could end up being a genuine competitor to Sky down the line.