ElevenSports in Trouble

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Most is purely highlights so interest in live sport still. Doesn't get satisfied for the masses by the BBC, the majority of sports they cover live are either 4 yearly events which they should be able to put on or are sports wouldn't interest me so I still wouldn't bother with BBC.

However this wasn't generated as another BBC or to BBC thread, so getting back to the OP, 11 sports I think tried to hard to get big events to quickly. Other services like Amazon etc are more geared for streaming the services, but if someone like Discovery can come up with sport specific packages that allow us to subscribe to just the sport we want I'd certainly be interested in that
Actually most of that list is live sports and it was in response to suggestions they don’t broadcast much live sport

No it doesnt.

Pretty basic stuff tbh, which I expect you know already.

Will rephrase

Discovery were looking to also add the US Open Golf to the PGA tour rights they have from 2019

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Good. The less different par-per-view or subscription platforms snapping up different events the better.
I agree.

There are 3 paid sports options that I can see on Sky (Sky Sport, BT Sport and Premier) add to this, the online purveyors of certain sports and you could end up spending a fair old chunk if you want to see everything.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I agree.

There are 3 paid sports options that I can see on Sky (Sky Sport, BT Sport and Premier) add to this, the online purveyors of certain sports and you could end up spending a fair old chunk if you want to see everything.

Leaving aside cost for a moment, who has that kind of time. And if we don't have the time is it then a realistic 'complaint'

D

Deleted member 18588

Actually most of that list is live sports and it was in response to

Taking the mainstream sports as an example how much football, rugby union, cricket or boxing do the BBC televise live.

And their live golf coverage is restricted to the final two rounds of The Masters.

Unrealistic to include them in a debate regarding a dedicated sports television broadcaster.

Wolf

Visit site
Actually most of that list is live sports and it was in response to suggestions they don’t broadcast much live sport
Live Golf, there wasnt any live golf this year on BBC, tennis is barely Wimbledon and Eastbourne so maybe 3 weeks of live tennis. Football is now restricted to MOTD and big tournaments. So for me it's not value for my sports viewing but let's save that for the other thread that's already debating it

D

Deleted member 15344

Taking the mainstream sports as an example how much football, rugby union, cricket or boxing do the BBC televise live.

And their live golf coverage is restricted to the final two rounds of The Masters.

Unrealistic to include them in a debate regarding a dedicated sports television broadcaster.

I’ll reiterate

The post was “rarely any live sport on BBC” hence posting a list of sports that are live on the BBC

It didn’t mention - “main stream” and no one has suggested anything about the BBC being a dedicated Sports broadcaster

If anything BBC should be applauded for actually showing a lot of sports that the “dedicated” sports broadcaster don’t show

The BBC can’t afford billions to buy Premiership football but when it comes to mainstream

It has the World Cup in football , the 6 Nations in Rugby , the FA Cup , Challenge Cup - even if it’s just the last two days of the Masters it’s still showing live golf

Radio 5Live has multiple live mainstream sports

In fact when you look at what they do offer and for such a small amount it’s a bargain.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ll reiterate

The post was “rarely any live sport on BBC” hence posting a list of sports that are live on the BBC

It didn’t mention - “main stream” and no one has suggested anything about the BBC being a dedicated Sports broadcaster

If anything BBC should be applauded for actually showing a lot of sports that the “dedicated” sports broadcaster don’t show

The BBC can’t afford billions to buy Premiership football but when it comes to mainstream

It has the World Cup in football , the 6 Nations in Rugby , the FA Cup , Challenge Cup - even if it’s just the last two days of the Masters it’s still showing live golf

Radio 5Live has multiple live mainstream sports

In fact when you look at what they do offer and for such a small amount it’s a bargain.
Haha! :ROFLMAO: Yeah what a bargain. 150 big ones per year for that World Cup that comes round once every four years. Fantastic.

D

Deleted member 15344

Haha! :ROFLMAO: Yeah what a bargain. 150 big ones per year for that World Cup that comes round once every four years. Fantastic.

Umm the but you don’t just get the World Cup ?

D

Deleted member 15344

I shouldn't have to explain, but - including the World Cup in a list of things that makes the BBC "a bargain" was laughable to me.

So you highlight one event ? It was just an example of some mainstream events the BBC broadcast - could add in the Euros , Olympics , World Championships etc etc etc etc - live sport all year round from a non sports dedicated broadcaster at £12 a month is a bargain imo

D

Deleted member 18588

So not really relevant to a discussion about the apparent demise of a dedicated sports broadcaster .

D

Deleted member 15344

So not really relevant to a discussion about the apparent demise of a dedicated sports broadcaster .
:rolleyes:

Blimey do you even read through the thread -

The BBC was mentioned in regards taking up the rights to the PGA again because ElevenSports have the PGA and the BBC have broadcast the PGA before , so yes they are relevant to the thread especially whilst not being a “dedicated” sports broadcaster they still broadcast a significant amount of live sport - hope that clears up your confusion in the matter.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

The BBC was mentioned in regards taking up the rights to the PGA again because ElevenSports have the PGA and the BBC have broadcast the PGA before , so yes they are relevant to the thread especially whilst not being a “dedicated” sports broadcaster they still broadcast a significant amount of live sport - hope that clears up your confusion in the matter.

Some might ask you the same

Robinthehood had already answered Orikoru within a few minutes to say there was still a fair bit of sport on the beeb. What did you hope to achieve by listing it all three hours later?

D

Deleted member 18588

The only person guilty of not reading the thread and diverting it to suit an agenda is yourself.

The amount of live sport TELEVISED by the BBC is so small ad to make them irrelevant in a discussion about a dedicated sports broadcaster .
Obviously that will not clarify your confusion as that is of your own making.