ElevenSports in Trouble

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m glad.

I think Sky & BT are a good blend to keep each other honest. Both provide decent quality content.

Eleven Sports PGA coverage was a joke for a major championship and the pro Tiger coverage was worse than even some of the American coverage we see of the PGA tour.

Disappointed in Premier Sports having the Rugby as I would often watch the Glasgow Warriors domestic fixtures on BBC. Hopefully they are another channel that don’t last.

D

Deleted member 15344

BBC barely has any sporting events left. Plus I'm already bloody paying for it.

Sports on the BBC

Football
Rugby Union and League
Tennis
Cricket
Athletics
Golf
Boxing
Olympics
Commonwealth Games
World Championships
Motorsports
Snooker
Darts
Winter Sports
Rowing
Equestrian
Cycling
Swimming
Gymnastics
Hockey
Sailing
Bowls

But apart from them not many sports

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sports on the BBC

Football
Rugby Union and League
Tennis
Cricket
Athletics
Golf
Boxing
Olympics
Commonwealth Games
World Championships
Motorsports
Snooker
Darts
Winter Sports
Rowing
Equestrian
Cycling
Swimming
Gymnastics
Hockey
Sailing
Bowls

Couldn't give a toss about 90% of them. In the instances of football, golf, darts etc they certainly don't have them exclusively, in fact I'd say they have the minority share on them. But anyway, let's not get into discussing the BBC again on a topic about ElevenSports. Their problem was people came for the PGA but they didn't back it up with anything. If you signed on a free trial for a golf comp, you're not going to stay for Spanish and Italian football.

D

Deleted member 15344

The UK is not one of the territories covered by this agreement.

Sky’s contract with the ET is coming to an end soon though so I wonder if the ET will look to change broadcaster in the UK - Discovery have Eurosport and also deal with the BBC ( for Olympics ) so will be interesting to see if there are any changes for the ET

Also what happens with the Open when that Ends in 2022 plus I think Discovery were looking to get the PGA tour as well ( includes the US Open I believe)

D

Deleted member 15344

Couldn't give a toss about 90% of them. In the instances of football, golf, darts etc they certainly don't have them exclusively, in fact I'd say they have the minority share on them. But anyway, let's not get into discussing the BBC again on a topic about ElevenSports. Their problem was people came for the PGA but they didn't back it up with anything. If you signed on a free trial for a golf comp, you're not going to stay for Spanish and Italian football.

The point was that the BBC still have a significant amount of live sport being broadcast on its channels whether that be exclusive or not or whether you “give a toss” or not - the list was just to show that that the BBC does indeed still have a wide and varying range of live sport being broadcast ( as opposed to barely any sports live )

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But being on the BBC gives the majority a look at those sports, which just like golf need young people taking an interest.

D

Deleted member 18588

Sports on the BBC

Football
Rugby Union and League
Tennis
Cricket
Athletics
Golf
Boxing
Olympics
Commonwealth Games
World Championships
Motorsports
Snooker
Darts
Winter Sports
Rowing
Equestrian
Cycling
Swimming
Gymnastics
Hockey
Sailing
Bowls

And how many of those are only on radio or highlights if on TV?

Cricket, boxing and motorsports are, I believe, only on radio.

Wolf

Visit site
Sports on the BBC

Football
Rugby Union and League
Tennis
Cricket
Athletics
Golf
Boxing
Olympics
Commonwealth Games
World Championships
Motorsports
Snooker
Darts
Winter Sports
Rowing
Equestrian
Cycling
Swimming
Gymnastics
Hockey
Sailing
Bowls

Most is purely highlights so interest in live sport still. Doesn't get satisfied for the masses by the BBC, the majority of sports they cover live are either 4 yearly events which they should be able to put on or are sports wouldn't interest me so I still wouldn't bother with BBC.

However this wasn't generated as another BBC or to BBC thread, so getting back to the OP, 11 sports I think tried to hard to get big events to quickly. Other services like Amazon etc are more geared for streaming the services, but if someone like Discovery can come up with sport specific packages that allow us to subscribe to just the sport we want I'd certainly be interested in that

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Sky’s contract with the ET is coming to an end soon though so I wonder if the ET will look to change broadcaster in the UK - Discovery have Eurosport and also deal with the BBC ( for Olympics ) so will be interesting to see if there are any changes for the ET

Also what happens with the Open when that Ends in 2022 plus I think Discovery were looking to get the PGA tour as well ( includes the US Open I believe)

No it doesnt.

Pretty basic stuff tbh, which I expect you know already.