electromagnetic hypersensitivity syndrome (EHS).

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
We had a Client that suffered from this.

As part of a project a new development block was to be built and he was hugely involved in every decision to ensure he was completely happy and reduced any electromagnetic fields through the design.

He was a multi millionaire and drove around in several beat up old cars with zero technology and lived in a converted windmill. He had no wife or kids etc.

We all had to leave any mobile phones, laptops etc. at reception and he had his own boardroom / office with literally no lights, plug sockets or anything. So he certainly believed it affected him.

No way to prove or disprove someones claims really so I always respected his requests when in close proximity to him.

D

Deleted member 23344

I would leave it on ... I have a very frail 90 year old mother and so my wife and I need to be contactable at all times. She has a number of conditions which ARE medically recognised.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Oh sorry, I didn’t realise giving a personal experience of something was wrong when dealing with the Font of all Worldly knowledge.
And just in case you misunderstood what I sad previously, yes....acupuncture did sort my ruptured Achilles’ tendon, but I suppose I’m lying because you say it’s wrong.

Of course it didn't sort a ruptured tendon! What utter nonsense.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Of course it didn't sort a ruptured tendon! What utter nonsense.
Since you obviously were in my body when my Achilles was torn, and waited to see the consultant, and then the waiting list for surgery and the probable 8 month rehab and the huge scar tissue that formed over the tear after 18 months of pain you would have seen the 2 visits to the acupuncturists and voltage treatment he used via the needles which healed the tear and thus remove the scar tissue over time then yes.....it is utter nonsense.
Or perhaps there are things that do actually work but which you cannot accept.....yes, that’s more likely it.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Since you obviously were in my body when my Achilles was torn, and waited to see the consultant, and then the waiting list for surgery and the probable 8 month rehab and the huge scar tissue that formed over the tear after 18 months of pain you would have seen the 2 visits to the acupuncturists and voltage treatment he used via the needles which healed the tear and thus remove the scar tissue over time then yes.....it is utter nonsense.
Or perhaps there are things that do actually work but which you cannot accept.....yes, that’s more likely it.

People have trouble accepting things they aren’t told that’s its okay to accept. I’m not saying acupuncture is true or it’s not. But I’ve learnt that there is more to life that we don’t know and that leaves me with an open mind.

I am a scientist, I’m trained in science, I carry out research. But I hate the concept of ‘science’ that everyone hides behind. It’s replaced religion. But in time there will be a blend between science and all the woo-woo (for want of a better word). In fact it’s already happening.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Acupuncture is a funny thing.

Years ago when I damaged a tendon in my wrist I went to a physiotherapist who did acupuncture. I got the weirdest "hot" sensation" pulsing through the area and I swear to God it made a big difference.

I have since had acupuncture on my feet and on my back and to be honest it was just painful and uncomfortable, absolutely no benefit to the extent that I would not get it again.

The first experience was very positive and if I could get that sensation again where I swear it helped me I would be a convert. Sadly experiences since have me questioning the merits.

Visit site
I have a friend who is a horse vet who uses acupuncture integrated with conventional approaches

He swears by it - and his gruff Yorkshire (human) clients have bought in over the years

Personally after years of working in science I have a more open mind than I once had - even if most evidence-based medicine measures are weak or lacking

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site

I humbly apologise. I didn't realise you were talking about electrotherapy! I thought you meant the ancient idea that putting needles into pressure points somehow causes healing on its own.

Hobbituk

Visit site
If it was match play, I'd congratulate them for getting into people's heads from the get-go. I'm sure Seve would be proud.

If a club re-arranges to comply with a request, I'd claim to be suffering from Timekeeping hypersensitivity syndome and request that all groups remain the same, and play to 3 hour 28 min pace for the round and ensure that's complied with as well.

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
I'd turn it off only if he promised to check under my bed for ghosts!
- don't tell me they're real too - Doh!
Would the radiation from a phone or two, outside, around a golf course affect someone?
How would that compare to a trip to Tesco say.

What are we becoming.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I humbly apologise. I didn't realise you were talking about electrotherapy! I thought you meant the ancient idea that putting needles into pressure points somehow causes healing on its own.
Still acupncture.
My mother had it for her knee and arthritis, it eased her suffering. My brother had it on a back issue.....no point telling you it worked on him as well.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Acupuncture is a treatment not a cure.

I’ve had it and I felt it had benefits but it didn’t cure or fix anything.

Vaccines prevent, which is ideal!

As for this guy, I would try to compromise, happy for them to stay away from my bag if it helps or keep it away, as I use phone and watch for GPS. Wouldn’t let it get under my skin or argue about it.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a mate who's as far away from a hippy as anyone I know.
Had acupuncture for tennis elbow and was impressed by it's results.
Obviously not a double blind clinical trial, but enough for me to think there might be something in it..
I'm also sceptical about the op condition, but not entirely dismissive about the idea that our constant thickening of the electromagnetic soup might have consequences at some point.
Maybe I'm a hippy?...

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Years ago when mobile phone masts were being put up all over the place, there was a guy in a village local to me who claimed he was suffering with ill health from a new mast close to his house. He had tin foil up at his windows and walked round with a home made Faraday cage around his head. Due to be fact I worked for BT that supplied the data equipment feeding the mast, I knew the electric power had not even been connected to the mast! Someone even tried to set fire to the equipment and managed to melt the BT equipment casing.