electromagnetic hypersensitivity syndrome (EHS).

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Wouldn't be an issue as there's no place for phones on a golf course.

He can join my 3 ball.

👍📵

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So you're claiming acupuncture cured a ruptured Achilles?
Oh sorry, I didn’t realise giving a personal experience of something was wrong when dealing with the Font of all Worldly knowledge.
And just in case you misunderstood what I sad previously, yes....acupuncture did sort my ruptured Achilles’ tendon, but I suppose I’m lying because you say it’s wrong.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is a really interesting thread.

Would I try to be accommodating to someone making a request? Of course, but how much to my own detriment?

In this case I do use a mobile as a GPS, so I would be more than happy to use it at an acceptable distance for them. Far better to compromise than argue.

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This is an interesting question.

If it's not harming me, I would comply with the request. If for any reason I was needing to be contactable by phone or anything similar, I think I would try and accommodate if reasonable, switch groups, or something else.

My thought process here is that even if it is not medically recognised if they have symptoms due to a psychological or placebo effect, I wouldn't feel comfortable making someone suffer. I could probably remove the effect by leaving my phone on and just keeping it in my bag so that they think it is off, but then if it's kept in my bag it may as well be off.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t carry my phone on the course, it stays secure in the car.
I’ve never had anyone ask this of me, and probably if the phone was with me would turn it off. However would the person asking also insist no one in his group used an electric trolley since the motor in each trolley will also create its own magnetic field?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't take my phone on the course BUT if it was say my GPS then I'd say no and suggest they change to another group. One person has a "problem" and everyone else has to adapt to satisfy them. It would be different if say a pacemaker was affected, but I'd tend to think they were a precious snowflake who should be at home wrapped up in tin foil!

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
How do these people manage in every day to day life as in going to work, in a restaurant, in a shop or on a train.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use a GPS app on my phone for yardage so I can't really turn it off for a round. I'd have to explain that to him and his next move is up to him.