electromagnetic hypersensitivity syndrome (EHS).

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
You are waiting on the 1st tee when one of your playing partners asks that anyone with a mobile phone in their bag kindly turn it off as they suffer from electromagnetic hypersensitivity syndrome (EHS).

What would you do ?

Would your response be different if the golf were social or competitive ?

This has happened at a club I am familiar with, some players comply, others pretend to switch their phones off, and in one case a player refused (uses phone for exercise type app) and the starting groups were rearranged to accommodate the request.

Has anyone else come across this syndrome ?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
You are waiting on the 1st tee when one of your playing partners asks that anyone with a mobile phone in their bag kindly turn it off as they suffer from electromagnetic hypersensitivity syndrome (EHS).

What would you do ?

Would your response be different if the golf were social or competitive ?

This has happened at a club I am familiar with, some players comply, others pretend to switch their phones off, and in one case a player refused (uses phone for exercise type app) and the starting groups were rearranged to accommodate the request.

Has anyone else come across this syndrome ?
You should watch the TV series Better Call Saul, a great example of your post.
But I do have an old pal [ ex pro Drummer ] who's really convinced he's seriously affected by EMS from mobile masts and overhead power cables .

D

Deleted member 15344

Nothing - as it’s not a recognised medical diagnosis and has no scientific basis I’ll have my phone left on in my bag , same with any GPS device with aren’t much different from cellular phones

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Without looking it up I'd have had no idea this was even possibly a "thing" so I'd switch mine off if asked.
Don't need to use it on the course anyway
But my GPS is staying on..

robbeh32

Visit site
Will politely say no because I use it for gps etc. Also I dont get many calls I and when I do its usually important. I.e kids hurt or something.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'd probably just turn my phone off then google it later.

Dont particularly look at my phone that much when I'm playing.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
My phone would be off anyway. I survived 45 years without a phone, and I’m sure I could manage another 4 hours. What others do is it to them.

D

Deleted member 25172

Same kind of people that are anti-vaxxers. I’d stay as far away as possible from that person. I’d “turn it off” and put it in the bag so his placebo-effect can kick in.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
At a distance of more than 2 metres the normal background radiation and magnetism will as much as a mobile transmits!