Electric Trolley questions

Mandofred

Visit site
I think I might be plunging into that world and of course all the online reviews are mostly blah-blah-blah like a car salesman. Plenty of people I know use the usual Powakaddy/Motocaddy versions.....I only know one that uses a Gokart (but he likes it). Need to clarify a few things before I plunge in...
1. Leaning towards a Motocaddy mid priced model. I don't need extras like GPS.
2. I would likely purchase the Hot Mitts to go with the trolley. I know a few people who have had them.....they are pretty so-so on the mitts. Not that warm, but better than no warmth I guess. I wear a glove on each hand because I don't like playing with cold hands, and have the cheap Clicgear trolley mitt thingy (which I really like....especially once I made it fairly waterproof).
3. How fast do these things go? I occasionally break into a run to catch up with people (after a pee break for instance).....how fast is the top speed on these things?
4. If I did go with Motocaddy and Hot Mitts....would that make it smart to buy the 36 hole battery since I would be draining the battery with the Hot Mitts?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I think I might be plunging into that world and of course all the online reviews are mostly blah-blah-blah like a car salesman. Plenty of people I know use the usual Powakaddy/Motocaddy versions.....I only know one that uses a Gokart (but he likes it). Need to clarify a few things before I plunge in...
2. I would likely purchase the Hot Mitts to go with the trolley. I know a few people who have had them.....they are pretty so-so on the mitts. Not that warm, but better than no warmth I guess. I wear a glove on each hand because I don't like playing with cold hands, and have the cheap Clicgear trolley mitt thingy (which I really like....especially once I made it fairly waterproof).
3. How fast do these things go? I occasionally break into a run to catch up with people (after a pee break for instance).....how fast is the top speed on these things?
4. If I did go with Motocaddy and Hot Mitts....would that make it smart to buy the 36 hole battery since I would be draining the battery with the Hot Mitts?

They go pretty fast to be honest! Im sure anything over 6 in speed is a slow jog for some!

Cant comment on the Hot Mitts and battery draining unforunately - a Powakaddy 18 hole battery does last around 27 holes no problem though - maybe more if you rolled it down the hills to save the power!

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
No in a word. By not using it for 36 often the battery will degrade as you'll always be doing a top up charge.

Get a lithium battery, although they'll say it's an 18 or 27 hole battery, it will do far more than that.

Albo

Visit site
I used to have a Go Kart, but the battery kept not switching off and the latch holding it together broke so I invested in a new Motorkaddy. Not used the mitts, but while the battery is a 18 hole, it does 36 without being close to running out. I'd be confident in getting 54 out of it so guessing with mitts it'd go 18 no problem - just cant be sure.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My Motocaddy M3 is fast...speed dial goes up to 9 and I normally have it on 5 for a brisk walking pace...not convinced I could keep up with level 9

Mandofred

Visit site
Thanks. Leaning M1 (£599) at the moment....talking myself out of Hot Mitts. Simplest of the stronger motors from Motocaddy. I have a better plan for waterproofing my trolley mitts for next winter using silicone and white spirit.....the sprays I've been using don't work well enough.

Mandofred

Visit site
Just got ready to order the M1 and then started looking for something like I have on my Clicgear trolley....the net storage under the handle that I throw all kinds of stuff in (rangefinder, food etc). Is there something with Motocaddy (or somewhere else) that you can attach under the handle?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you get the motocaddy, and want the motocaddy hot mitts, shoot me a message.

Cover postage and they are yours. Used about 4 times.

Mandofred

Visit site
If you get the motocaddy, and want the motocaddy hot mitts, shoot me a message.

Cover postage and they are yours. Used about 4 times.
Just not warm enough? That's what I had heard from a few people who had them. Yep...ordered the M1 which should be here tomorrow.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just not warm enough? That's what I had heard from a few people who had them. Yep...ordered the M1 which should be here tomorrow.

Found it a hassle to always have my hands in the mitts.

Now I just whack hand warmers in my pockets and walk alongside the trolley if it is cold

stevenk

Hacker
Visit site
I bought the M1 great trolley speed 4 is good on tarmac in the car park level 3. Really did take the pressure of the back.

peld

Visit site
I have an M3 DHC Pro which replaced an old S1 with lithium battery.
M3 does 36 holes easily now. Im 6'4" and walk fast, and with it on 6 its very brisk walk! 9 is run.
Dont bother with the mitts

Mockba

Visit site
Thinking of getting an electric trolley myself. Does anyone know if Motocaddy are releasing a new version of the M7 this year? They're being very secretive when you email them or message them on social media :D

Mandofred

Visit site
M1 should be delivered in the next hour. Probably won't bother with the Hot Mitts...I've been pretty happy with the Clicgear mitt which I've been using for 5 years or so. I'll buy a new one for next year and do a super duper waterproof treatment on it.
clicgear-mitt.jpg
I find putting my hands in these super easy and surprisingly warm. I have them on the trolley almost half the year....if my hands are getting cold I just stick them in....and if I get warm later in the round it's simple to just put them in a bag pocket or just leave them on the handle and grip over the top.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thinking of getting an electric trolley myself. Does anyone know if Motocaddy are releasing a new version of the M7 this year? They're being very secretive when you email them or message them on social media :D
I would say, does it really matter? There will be an updated one at some point, but does it matter when?I have myself recently bought an M7, and don’t feel it’s missing anything.:)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
M1 should be delivered in the next hour. Probably won't bother with the Hot Mitts...I've been pretty happy with the Clicgear mitt which I've been using for 5 years or so. I'll buy a new one for next year and do a super duper waterproof treatment on it.
clicgear-mitt.jpg
I find putting my hands in these super easy and surprisingly warm. I have them on the trolley almost half the year....if my hands are getting cold I just stick them in....and if I get warm later in the round it's simple to just put them in a bag pocket or just leave them on the handle and grip over the top.

Really? That's the only Clicgear accessory that I think is sub standard.

Mandofred

Visit site
Really? That's the only Clicgear accessory that I think is sub standard.
Why? All it is is a shell with some fuzz lining....and for £15-20 does the job. Keeps the air off my hands (not water, which is why I put waterproofing on it). Easy peasy to put my hands in and out.....literally no effort at all. For a real cold hands wimp like myself, I find they really help.

Mockba

Visit site
I would say, does it really matter? There will be an updated one at some point, but does it matter when?I have myself recently bought an M7, and don’t feel it’s missing anything.:)

Not really I guess, I just think it’d be a bit annoying if I bought one then a few weeks later they released a newer version at the same price.

Do you like the m7 then?