EFX Bands

peterlav

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi All,

After illness, I've recently started playing golf again, and looking for all the help I can get to return to the level I used to play at.

I've been reading about EFX wristbands which claim to increase mobility and core strength to enable you to hit the ball a little further.

Has anyone used these bands? Are they as good as the manufacturers claim they are, or are they just another gimmick?

Many thanks, Peter

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Are these anything like the powerbands that have a hologram and help your balance? It never ceases to amaze me that people waste their time researching and making these, then astounds me when people buy into it. These things have been proven time and time again to be nothing but bullplop.

Welcome aboard all the same.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
It never ceases to amaze me that people waste their time researching and making these,

It doesn't amaze me Brendy - cost to make = almost nothing, sale price £30, sell thousands and thousands of something that can't be proven either way. Result = bundles of wedge in pocket!

Welcome to the site Peter

Chris

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
There's a big group test in the Feb GM comparing the EPX, a power balance band, a Trion, a lucky rabbit's foot and invisible leprechauns. I hope the leprechauns win. Ireland needs export trade right now.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
There's a big group test in the Feb GM comparing the EPX, a power balance band, a Trion, a lucky rabbit's foot and invisible leprechauns. I hope the leprechauns win. Ireland needs export trade right now.
Lol if they Are relying on that to make a few quid then they are in big diffs!

TobyRich1928

Head Pro
Visit site
Mcilroy wears Trion:Z's, Poulter wears Powerbands and Micleson wears the EXF bands!! So they either work or they just are being paid, but I'm thinking of trying it !!

lordingsy

Club Champion
Visit site
Probably bollocks. But if it makes you think that you can shoot a better score when wearing one, and you do, its money well spent really.

Can you tell that I know there is one in me christmas box? :D

Lipout

Medal Winner
Visit site
Peter,

Its all between the ears.
That said, so is golf!
I have had a Trion Z for two years now, and it hasn't caused me any negative effects. So its either positive or nothing at all. So nothing to lose (apart from a few quid).
Take a chance.
If that fails, i can sell you some fairy dust for £50 a sachet, just let me know!

Cheers

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sadly the EFX band and the word "scam" are far too well connected for my liking.
Good luck though with your Golf.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
maybe (I did say maybe) they work like the red dot some golfers put on their hands - give them a point of focus.
just that they're easier to take and off, cost a mint more and have poser appeal.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I did have a Trion for a while. Whilst it never did anything for my golf I did find after wearing it for a few days I slept better (and deeper) than when I wasn't wearing it. Not sure what I'd put it down to (coincidence) but there may be something to it. Not sure any of these type of things will ever really help in a golfing sense though