Edinburgh Course Help

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi

I'm up in the Edinburgh area for a few days at the start of November, and should be able to fit in a couple of rounds on a Thursday & Saturday - can the fine members of this forum recommend me some courses to play please? I'll be on my own, but will have the car so can travel.

TIA.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
In Edinburgh itself Braids is a municipal course but really worth playing with great views across the City. Outside Edinburgh my own favourite is Gullane which is fairly easy to get to and Number two course is reasonably prices and very enjoyable. The greens are usually goood even in winter.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Exact area TBC, as I'm waiting for the Wife & her friends to agree the exact plan, (trip is for her to meet Uni friends), we won't be in the City Centre, I am pushing to stay in Gullane area as courses look good, looked at North Berwick too but it seems expensive.

simwood2

Hacker
Visit site
We had our trip up there this year and played Craigelaw, Kilspindie and longniddry and would recommend any of those three

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In addition to the above The Glen in North Berwick is worth a visit. Also don't overlook Gullane Nr 3, not as long as it's bigger brothers, but maintained to the same standards.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Down the coast might be a good idea, as others have suggested, but Edinburgh courses are still pretty playable. Suggest Duddingston or Mortonhall if you decide to stay in town.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played Mortonhall during the open weekend and thought it was a fabulous course. Cracking views, fantastic condition, some belting holes and the food in the bar was 10/10.

Maybe the most fun i have had on a course in the UK in years. Really really enjoyed it (and i had a belter of a hangover too!)