Early wrist break/hinge

BluenoseGolfer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Been reading up on a it a bit, so had a few goes in the garden into a bed sheet on the washing line :D

So hard to tell the result BUT the contact felt a lot cleaner AND I took good divots with each strike.

Anyone tried this before? did you like it? does it have any advantages at all?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
you should have 'set' the wrists by the time your left arm is parallel to the ground, is that early to you?

BluenoseGolfer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah I know that, and I do normally. But there is a technique were you hinge the wrists pretty much as soon as taking the club away, ensures you stay on plane apparently. Was only asking if anyone has used it

A

Alex1975

Yep, been playing with it alot the last little while. It can promote laziness to complete if your not on point so be aware but ye, it seems to help me with striking. I started doing it as more of a lag drill and felt good.

T

thecraw

set, turn...............GO

simple,

Poulter also advocates an early wrist hinge.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The early wrist hinge promotes a steep take away which in turn helps with a steep angle of attack into impact.
A more gradual wrist hinge helps keep the swing wide and give a shallower angle of attack for the longer clubs.

You'll see from the picture Rorys' arm is horizontal and yet the wrists and still not fully hinged

Rory.jpg