Duval to win this year!!

furyk_or_unique

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The signs are there - double D is on his way back to something approaching his best, opening up with a 66 I note this week?

Am I the only one who thinks a comeback victory is not out of the question this season, or am I being hopelessly optimistic? Would make a heartwarming story for a man once seen as a bit of an android, who then won a lot of people's admiration for his Open victory speech in 2001

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Like him but think no chance - Furyk this smells of another wild prediction, looked back at an old post and you have predicted Justin Rose for a Major....think again, he is as mentally weak as Bjorn!!

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Definitely. It was one of the best ever.

I think DD could sneak a win in something rubbish like the Valero Texas Open. Full credit to him for continuing to battle on over the past 5 years. I think his perseverance deserves reward.

swingstar1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
indeed, it was a great speech he made

what a fabulous round he played on the Saturday - shooting 65 to really come out of the pack

think I'm right in saying he shot 40/33 for a 73 on the Friday too?

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Ive got a lot of time for Duval. The bloke gets a lot of stick but I think he’s just a quiet bloke who likes to get on with it- as you say furyk his speech at the open said a lot about the guy. He played some awesome golf when he was at the top of his game- would be good to see him up there again

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
DD's story is quite sad - I think I'm right in saying that his brother died when they were kids because DD's bonemarrow was not compatible ( or whatever the terminology is here).

However, the chances of him winning this year are zero. he can put one good round together but no more than that. I'm afraid he's finished... a bit like Monty.

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I liked Ewen Murray's quote about Duval when he was at the top of his game. It was something along the lines of, "Last year he didn't know how to win. Now, he doesn't know how to stop."

Unfortunately, now he doesn't know how to make the cut. :-(