Dunnaverty?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Heading up to see the boy in a couple of weeks. Planning on a few rounds whilst we’re up there. Looking at the Machrihanish courses, but one of his colleagues has recommended Dunnaverty. Looks nice on Random Golf Club channel. Anyone played there? Any good?

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Heading up to see the boy in a couple of weeks. Planning on a few rounds whilst we’re up there. Looking at the Machrihanish courses, but one of his colleagues has recommended Dunnaverty. Looks nice on Random Golf Club channel. Anyone played there? Any good?
I have played there but it was an awful long time ago( over 30 years) so my memory may not be reliable . Thought it was a nice course but preferred Machrihanish. I've never played the dunes.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
We had a forum meet up there nearly 2 years ago
It’s a lovely quirky hilly course, with some great views
Match it up with Machrihanish and or the Dunes and you’ve got a good package, Dunaverty isn’t in the same league , but it’s well worth playing

We did 2x The Machrie on Islay, followed by Machrihanish Dunes, Machrihanish and Dunaverty
The last 2 on the same day,
Brilliant part of the world

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We had a forum meet up there nearly 2 years ago
It’s a lovely quirky hilly course, with some great views
Match it up with Machrihanish and or the Dunes and you’ve got a good package, Dunaverty isn’t in the same league , but it’s well worth playing

We did 2x The Machrie on Islay, followed by Machrihanish Dunes, Machrihanish and Dunaverty
The last 2 on the same day,
Brilliant part of the world

Dunaverty might be the most ‘fun’ course I’ve played.

Brilliant views. Brilliant holes and just Fun fun fun.

I loved it.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Quirky, old school course, great fun & totally different from the two Machrihanish courses.. Don't worry about the lack of length on the card, the elevation changes will take care of the difference.

Do it! (y)

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
You'd be mad not to include it having got all the way round there. It's brilliant, had an honesty box when we were there and some incredible holes. Nothing like Machrihanish or Dunes but really good fun. First handful of holes you might wonder what all the fuss is about, then it goes up a few notches

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
There's wires around the first green. I'm tall as well so didn't get zapped.

Brora are clever with this, they usually have a place on the wire, where they have threaded it through a 1m sleeve of garden hose. That's the place to step over where possible, but goes out the window if you're on the opposite side of the green.