Drugs in golf!

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Drugs isn't always steroids. In golf there would be a prevalence of beta blockers which calm you down and steady nerves. Som guys do bulk up to hit the ball further. There is definitley drug usage in professional golf going on. With the amount of cash these guys can earn they are lookign for every advantage going.

leaney

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Normally steroids reduce you bed room performance? I don't hear any complaints about tiger?

ha, you know more than me then Murph.

I was just eluding to the fact that if Tiger could treat his wife so poorly and showed he had no morals when it came to doing what he did with other women. Then do you think he would care about cheating with drugs? Probably not in my opinion.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Why would it make him as bad.......surely the RnA USPGA whoever should act on it, right or wrong, and test to make sure it doesnt go on.

You don't think someone who claims he's glad they are testing and that it is essential, yet claims to know which players have taken drugs because they have told him is being a bit hypercritical(sp?)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Wasn't a wind up. I have no bad/ill feelings about drugs in sport or those that take/use them.

But then people are not competing like for like - some a plain cheating.
Running a 100m "naturally" in 9 something seconds holds more water than strapping a rocket to your back and doing it in 2.1....that's effectively what Ben Johnson did
It's not a level playing field - at least in a drug-free sport the best will rise through being the best not because they can afford more and better drugs..

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
But then people are not competing like for like - some a plain cheating.
Running a 100m "naturally" in 9 something seconds holds more water than strapping a rocket to your back and doing it in 2.1....that's effectively what Ben Johnson did
It's not a level playing field - at least in a drug-free sport the best will rise through being the best not because they can afford more and better drugs..

Yes I understand that sentiment but I'd rather watch people shooting 59's than 72's and I couldn't care less what they do to achieve it WITHIN their own bodies. Obviously rocket packs and lasers are OTT.

I take nothing away from Lance Armstrong's achievements, he was the best, although I wouldn't want to buy his book right now as it's full of lies and I'd rather read the truth.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gary Player actually said that he has been told by players that they use banned substances but wouldn't name them because he was told in confidence which to me makes him as bad as those taking it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/2317259/Drugs-in-golf-a-fact-says-Gary-Player.html

I remember thinking he was a fool when he came out with that comment.
Why make such a statement when you're not prepared to back it up with any proof?
I've never warmed to Player, he's so full of himself it's quite sickening.

Slime.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I take nothing away from Lance Armstrong's achievements, he was the best, although I wouldn't want to buy his book right now as it's full of lies and I'd rather read the truth.

Sorry JustOne, I'd say he was the worst......................he cheated seven other cyclists out of a victory in the Tour de France, the pinnacle of a road racers' career. He took from them the chance to hear their own national anthem being played to acclaim their winning of the greatest race in their sport.
He was an icon to millions.................and he conned every one of them for money and celebrity.

Slime.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Normally steroids reduce you bed room performance? I don't hear any complaints about tiger?

They have a nickname in medical circles which is a pun on the word anabolic because of this effect.

Beta blockers have been much discussed. For people with tremor or extreme anxiety, they have some effect in reducing anxiety, but for normal people, the effect is much less. Rapid heart rate is the consequence rather than the cause of anxiety, so reducing heart rate does not per se reduce anxiety.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Sorry JustOne, I'd say he was the worst......................he cheated seven other cyclists out of a victory in the Tour de France, the pinnacle of a road racers' career. He took from them the chance to hear their own national anthem being played to acclaim their winning of the greatest race in their sport.
He was an icon to millions.................and he conned every one of them for money and celebrity.

Slime.

I agree... but look what everyone got out of it when he was winning.... for me that's a fair trade off.

Couldn't care less if Beckham was high when he scored that goal against Greece? or when he took the penalty against Argentina.... it's the spectacle not the person (in my opinion) but I do agree some people will feel cheated. Mickelson had a putt for a 59 last week... would it matter if he took Deer spray (or whatever it is)... not to me.