Driving woes.

G

guest100718

I keep hitting drives that go straight right then fade away a little at the end. Does it sound like I am hitting with an open clubface and perhaps a little from the inside? Its killing my game at the moment and I juts cant seem to put it right for more than a few holes at a time.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would suggest you are hitting down and from the outside with your driver. As soon as the back spin slows down the side spin takes over and it flies off to the right.

Do you know if you swing OTT? This was exactly something I have suffered with and that was the direct cause.

G

guest100718

I have certainly had issues in the past with getting OTT, Its improved dramatically with lessons and practice. But since the spring the wheels have come off when it comes to driving.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I keep hitting drives that go straight right then fade away a little at the end. Does it sound like I am hitting with an open clubface and perhaps a little from the inside? Its killing my game at the moment and I juts cant seem to put it right for more than a few holes at a time.

Those are certainly symptoms that would be expected. The amount of fade would indicate how far open,the face is in relation to the path - though the implication from your post is 'slight'. An out-to-in swing that starts right would be more likely to slice significantly more than you imply!

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'll probably get ridiculed for saying this, but.....

Where is you ball positioned in your stance?

In my unexperienced and unqualified opinion it sounds like you have the ball too far back in your stance.

The ball is pushing to the right, as that's where the face would be pointing at impact, with the face being fractionally open to the path causing a fade.

Again, probably not correct, but it would be my guess based on what you've said.