Driving Range Aberdeen

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm driving up to Aberdeen on Friday with my son, university open day visit on the Saturday. We had intended playing golf Friday morning before setting off but as Saturday now looks awful up there we are thinking of going up early in order to go into Aberdeen on the Friday afternoon and have a look round whilst the weather is not monsoon like. We want to give it a fair chance. As we are both playing in a comp on Sunday we want to whack a few balls still as neither of us have played for a few weeks.

We are staying out at Bucksburn which I think is west of the city. We don't want to travel too far as I don't want to be fighting Friday afternoon/evening traffic if I can help it.

Any suggestions for a driving range to go to?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I dont know aberdeen very well but there is a Gamola golf in the city centre with a golf simulator upstairs, the locker room i think its called.
Might be worth a visit if you can't get a range close by.
Never been myself, i stay in the hotel beside it before going offshore.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just to tidy this up, we went to Kings Links. Very good range, cracking shop. No bags allowed on the range though, what's that about?

When in Aberdeen we visited Gamola Golf. Well worth a visit if you are in Aberdeen.

As an aside, we went to go around the university. Hugely impressive. Lovely set up, stunning sports facilities. If anyone has kids coming up to that age then I would recommend they have a think about it. Clearly location can be an issue but otherwise it impressed me in every way, I've become an expert in university visits in the last few weeks 😁.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just to tidy this up, we went to Kings Links. Very good range, cracking shop. No bags allowed on the range though, what's that about?

When in Aberdeen we visited Gamola Golf. Well worth a visit if you are in Aberdeen.

As an aside, we went to go around the university. Hugely impressive. Lovely set up, stunning sports facilities. If anyone has kids coming up to that age then I would recommend they have a think about it. Clearly location can be an issue but otherwise it impressed me in every way, I've become an expert in university visits in the last few weeks 😁.
To stop the tinks nicking the range balls.

You would not believe the number of range balls i find on he local council course

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah, thanks for that. The balls, as at all ranges, were a bit rubbish and stamped range balls so it would seem odd to pinch them. There are many odd or unpleasant people however so that explains it.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ah, thanks for that. The balls, as at all ranges, were a bit rubbish and stamped range balls so it would seem odd to pinch them. There are many odd or unpleasant people however so that explains it.

the ones at the Inverness Range must be the worst, no dimples on most of them, yet still people will steal them.

This about sums it up. They did get some new balls back in March, which were sponsored by stagecoach, with the name of the range on them. had just arrived on the Thursday. I played a Texas scramble at a course about 15 miles outside Inverness called Muir of Ord. went on the chipping area and it was covered with balls with Fairways on so had only been a few days before they were nicked my someone..