Driving issuses again

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hey folks,
Some general ramblings about my driving... I've been struggling with a massive slice all year long and I think I've had a bit of an epiphany this week. I always thought that I had to keep my left arm and club in one long straight line, consequently my hand position was somewhere above my left thigh. I noticed that a lot of my drives were coming off the top of the face of the club so I assumed that I was getting in steep or I wasn't at the bottom of my swing arc. I moved my hand position to the centre of my body, above my crotch in an effort to bottom out the arc earlier and hit the ball on the 'up. I started hitting the ball straight (no slice) but left. When I addressed the ball with the new hand position the face of the club pointed left, so that's obviously why the ball started left. I then took my address and opened the face of the club so it pointed at the target and *bang*, I was hitting it long and straight.

Now, this long-winded and rambling post is here to ask one thing... have I fixed a fault with another fault? Does my 'new' set-up sound correct..?

Answers on the back of a £50 note to the usual address please.

Cheers
SB