Driving iron - Utility Club

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
This for me bought one off Turkish on here hitting it so well I am dropping my 3 wood for an extra wedge.
G400 is awesome really fizzes when you flush it but I can fade and draw it at will I can’t do that with a hybrid.

I had the original Crossover and didn't like it, was dead off the face, even worse on off centre strikes.

Has the G400 Crossover improved significantly to tempt me?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had the original Crossover and didn't like it, was dead off the face, even worse on off centre strikes.

Has the G400 Crossover improved significantly to tempt me?
Yes imo I had the original one but hooked it all the time.
This has the tour stiff shaft I think this is the difference .
It’s a very easy club to hit high,low and I can shape it so no negatives.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a U45. My only issue is the thickness of the sole, some times it feels just too chunky. Think I’m going to get a T-MB, it should also help with a slight gapping issue.

D

Deleted member 3432

I have a U45. My only issue is the thickness of the sole, some times it feels just too chunky. Think I’m going to get a T-MB, it should also help with a slight gapping issue.

Playing links every week and using the club off the fairway frequently I don't find the sole an issue whatsover. Tight lies no problem at all, the club strikes it beautifully off them.

However, I acknowledge personal preference plays a big part in club choice.

Sidsidgwick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Had a few different ones in the bag over the last year but finally settled on one.

Started with Ping Crossover 3 Iron-looked good, felt decent and gave a high ball fight but tendency to go slightly left.

TMB 3 Iron-looked amazing, went miles but couldn’t justify its cost when it only came out once in a blue moon. A real players long iron.

Mizuno MPH4 3 Iron. Great club, not very expensive and produced good results from tee and fairway but had similar results to my hybrid.

Srixon ZU65 2 Iron (18 Degree) what a bloody club, low penetrating flight from the tee, goes a country a mile. Can’t see a reason to replace this one.

kevster84

Head Pro
Visit site
This for me bought one off Turkish on here hitting it so well I am dropping my 3 wood for an extra wedge.
G400 is awesome really fizzes when you flush it but I can fade and draw it at will I can’t do that with a hybrid.
I’m dropping my 3 wood for the Mizuno Fli Hi 2 iron I have. Such a nice feeling and flight when hit well, and much easier to hit for me. Never got on well with woods/hybrids.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
As u know i have the adams dhy ones and i like them, due to my gapping the 24 degree is 200yard club which is called my 3 iron club . The 21 goes 210 215 its the 2 iron club. Im currently looking for the 18 degree which will be my 1 iron. I canny hit a fairway wood aff the deck fur toffee.
Im scared to get another brand 18 degree incase it doesnt go that wee bit further.
I liked ure crossover when u had them

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
As u know i have the adams dhy ones and i like them, due to my gapping the 24 degree is 200yard club which is called my 3 iron club . The 21 goes 210 215 its the 2 iron club. Im currently looking for the 18 degree which will be my 1 iron. I canny hit a fairway wood aff the deck fur toffee.
Im scared to get another brand 18 degree incase it doesnt go that wee bit further.
I liked ure crossover when u had them

I didn't. Hated the feel off of it and didn't get on with it at all.

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Got my Ping Eye 2+ 1 iron in the bag. Dug it out of the shed a few months ago and its going very well indeed. Such a bullet low flight and so straight I love it.....And available on the bay for little over £15 too these days......

Svenska

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Who uses one of these?

I quite fancy seeing if one of these could knock the hybrid out of my bag, looking at an 18 or 19 degree model.

What models are in your bag and do you like them?

I bought one of these a few months ago and haven't got on well with it. I would be willing to move it on for a reasonable fee :) (Titleist 716 TMB 2 iron that is)