Driving fitting

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
Going off for a Nike driver fitting this evening, can anybody tell me what the optimum figures i should be looking for reagards to smash factor, launch angle, spin etc.

thanks

T

thecraw

Going off for a Nike driver fitting this evening, can anybody tell me what the optimum figures i should be looking for reagards to smash factor, launch angle, spin etc.

thanks

No such thing as optimum figures. Watch the ball speed that's key, not RPM, not swing speed.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Optimum smash is 1.5. As in the ball should be going about 1.5 times the speed of the club head. This is fixed, and is the same for any swing speed.

Other than that, as Craw says, the launch angle, spin, carry etc need to be optimised for your specific swing speed, and yours alone.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I thought you were looking at around 14 degree launch with <3000rpm backspin,or that's what I've been told for a 90mph swing.

What if the OP has a 115 mph swing?

What if he hits on the down, rather than on the up?

Every one is different. That is why custom fit needs all the gadgets.

T

thecraw

I thought you were looking at around 14 degree launch with <3000rpm backspin,or that's what I've been told for a 90mph swing.

Wrong. I attack the ball at -2 degrees at impact therefore I need more RPM and a slightly higher launch angle. Ball speed is the key to your fitting. Murph - wot he says is bang on the money.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wrong. I attack the ball at -2 degrees at impact therefore I need more RPM and a slightly higher launch angle. Ball speed is the key to your fitting. Murph - wot he says is bang on the money.

Note that part of the proper fitting can assess the shaft length and this can affect the AoA. In my case, they shortened the length and I went from a small -ve AoA to a small +ve.