Driving distance

Leejohnston16

Hacker
Visit site
Haha I knew this question was coming Patrick, I’ve been able to play off 5 maby 4/10 rounds since the end of last summer so there hasn’t been any comps since then. For example I played today level after 9, +5 after 13 and finished +8. The absolute 100% reason I shot a bunch of 77 rounds was because I sorted my putting and chipping out, nothing to do with driving. Trying to drive 300 yds was literally just for fun I would never try it on the course unless I was feeling very confident and there was little danger.

Leejohnston16

Hacker
Visit site
So guys for anyone who is interested.. I’ve just had a fitting at American golf. Tried the new M3 and M4 in different settings and really didn’t like them at all although they were more fogrgiving and gave more distance than my current 915. Then I tried the Callaway Epic in x stiff 9.5 with fade bias and out of 10-12 shots I hit 4 over 300 yards with a slight fade, absolutely loved it. However I will say the amount of roll out you get on those simulators is ridiculous and in real life conditions I’d probably take 20 yards off those numbers. But I appreciate all the comments it’s been very interesting.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lol, you couldn't resist the lure of the big shiney stick could you?!

Well done on the 300, tell the lads and then forget about it. And for every drive you hit next time you're at the range you have to hit 5 wedges, that'll keep you honest ;)

Enjoy - we all love a new shiney

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Haha I knew this question was coming Patrick, I’ve been able to play off 5 maby 4/10 rounds since the end of last summer so there hasn’t been any comps since then. For example I played today level after 9, +5 after 13 and finished +8. The absolute 100% reason I shot a bunch of 77 rounds was because I sorted my putting and chipping out, nothing to do with driving. Trying to drive 300 yds was literally just for fun I would never try it on the course unless I was feeling very confident and there was little danger.

i wouldn't believe anything i saw in a golf simulator esp in it was in AG. as i said the only way you will be able to hit it 300 yards and that's not even carry, you would need to increase your SS by a good 15mph, no mean feat. handicap wise, so 6 times out of ten you are not playing to 5 then? ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
i wouldn't believe anything i saw in a golf simulator esp in it was in AG. as i said the only way you will be able to hit it 300 yards and that's not even carry, you would need to increase your SS by a good 15mph, no mean feat. handicap wise, so 6 times out of ten you are not playing to 5 then? ;)

I agree and wouldn't take anything an AG monitor said as accurate and trust what some of their staff say in relation to the data

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Where do you stay as that will have a big effect on driving distance too. If you’re in the north of Scotland cut off 20-30 yards of what a LM tells you... I have an epic too, great club for me. On both gc2 and trackman I have been averaging 240 carry yet on the course I’m averaging 235 total!!!