Driver trouble

Lollfred

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi guys .. I am really struggling with my driver and have posted a video on You tube.

The video is a little dark, but i hope the experts amongst you will no doubt see i am too steep at the top of the back swing, which is something i have been struggling with for some time, and yes you have guessed it, a slice which can at times be very destructive. Any tips on how to remedy this would be much appreciated :)

Link:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv1myhAh-CE&feature=youtu.be

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

Normally those videos would help but I dont think they would in this case.
EDIT... Except the bit about controlling the clubface
You seem very concerned about your backswing?
I wouldn't.
If I were you I'd be more worried about the clubface at impact.
It's open to the target and quite a lot, hence the ball shooting off to the right.
What's your grip like?

Last edited:

Lollfred

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi Bob, I have made a real effort to improve my grip, it is very similar to the one shown in the first vid, and has been for a number of weeks. I have a real issue with opening my hands up on the downswing and this opens the clubface up as you say. My current driver is a K15 10.5 with standard Ping shaft, which i hit really well when first purchased so highly unlikely to be the prob. Historically i have always hit a slight fade or dead straight, and i dont have major issues with my irons.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Looks like you have multiple issues, standing up through impact being one of them, I'm guessing weight transfer isn't great either. To try and fix a lot of issues in one go take a look at this drill...... it should help you get on swing plane, better shoulder plane through the ball, and reduce your 'standing up'.... (early extension)

[video=youtube;ySwyKwsWL0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwyKwsWL0k[/video]