driver shafts

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
having changed from a stiff voodoo in my 909 or x flex diamana blueboard to a stiff motore in my new r9, why has my ball started to slice from a lovely draw.
could the shaft be too weak? or diff kick point, please help.
JT

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
James! You know the driver i'm using now.... :D

The problem you seem to have inherited is the one i've just got away from.

I was using the stiff EL-70 shaft and couldn't load it properly, and the kick point is really high on it. Hence my weak shot was always a fade/push fade. But i need a stiff shaft, regular shaft for me results in a massive hook.

But the voodoo stiff i've just started using had a MUCH lower kick point and results in a beautiful draw. Anything slicey always makes me think that the shaft isn't being loaded properly, ie your swing speed may not be fast enough to get the best out of it. i have found this out the hard way

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks can I have my 909 back please lol
My swing speed averages 107 with the driver so I am really confused

Your swing speed is very similar to mine.I just cannot get on with modern shafts,maybe my swing isn't aggressive enough ?
I'm using an ancient model shaft (Grafalloy Prolite),but did try a mates D3 with a stiff Voodoo,which felt very similar.

granters

Q-School Graduate
Your swing speed is very similar to mine.I just cannot get on with modern shafts,maybe my swing isn't aggressive enough ?
I'm using an ancient model shaft (Grafalloy Prolite),but did try a mates D3 with a stiff Voodoo,which felt very similar.

I have exactly the same opinion. After 10 years away from the game, i couldn't find a shaft that suited. I never used to have this problem. But i've just started using a 909 d3 with stiff Voodoo shaft and it's easily, easily the best driver i've ever hit. The shaft seems to be a bit more flexible. I don't go after drives either, so my swing is pretty rhythmical rather than powerful.

Honestly can't reccomend it enough (the 909d3), it's the first Titleist driver i've owned (bought 2nd hand off James actually) and although i didn't swing particularly well tonight, my worst drive was 10 yards wide. I also belted one over 300, which is a very rare occurance for me. I think it's the shaft more than anything. You can really feel it kicking round.

granters

Q-School Graduate
I have paypal reciepts to prove it's mine! you aint getting it back! I tried out a TM R9 last year and thought that was the mutts nuts, but the 909 is a million miles better. Can't see me changing it for a very long time (other than to a 910 maybe next year :D)

Very rare for me for a club to live up to the hype, but this thing does, in bucket loads