Driver Shafts: Fubuki Zeta vs Project X LZ

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Morning all,

Can someone tell me the likely differences between the stock shaft from the Callaway BB driver, the white Fubuki and the stock shaft from the Callaway XR driver, the Projet X LZ?

I see they're both very similar in weight (+/- 2g) but given the same flex, what launch, spin, feel differences are likely?

Thanks all

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
The Project X is listed as mid low torque, where the Fubuki is listed as mid torque.

All things being equal, the Fubuki should feel a little smoother.

Whether it would be enough for you to notice I couldn't say as feel is such a subjective topic.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Morning all,

Can someone tell me the likely differences between the stock shaft from the Callaway BB driver, the white Fubuki and the stock shaft from the Callaway XR driver, the Projet X LZ?

I see they're both very similar in weight (+/- 2g) but given the same flex, what launch, spin, feel differences are likely?

Thanks all

as always you gotta hit both on LM to get quantifiable proof what each shaft gives up with the individual swing motion and load patterns

but in general it's about little ways different design and build of the mid sections of the shafts

the Z and ZT has 'stiff/firm' butt, tip sections with a moderately firm mid to give reasonably high launch but low spin flight model

the LZ has 'stiff/firm' butt, tip sections, but the mid section is a ways different in that it has a moderately firm and soft ( handle end to tip end) sections in it - this to encourage more 'load' through transition so more 'release' through impact for clubhead speed but with the stiff butt and tip to still give a reasonably high launch at low spin

range of both shafts in weight are between 50g to 70g or someways around that