Driver lesson conundrum.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi people,
went to the range today & hit 90 balls.
Irons went well, hybrid went well, four wood went well, driver went right, left, low, high..............but not very straight...................again.
Wandering across the car park I was spotted by the club pro, he knows me very well, he read my body language to a tee.
He said "pop in tomorrow & I'll look at your swing. It's your driver, isn't it"?
The problem is this ; I know he won't charge me, because we've known each other for years & I've always bought my golf gear from him, but I want to stick with S&T and he's not an advocate of that swing.
Do I accept his generous offer & try to hit driver the 'traditional' way or do I insist on sticking with S&T & risk upsetting him?
Any advice would be welcome,

Slime.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dont do S&T personally but are you happy with the rest of you game overall.If so stick with what you are doing no point changing for changings sake. However I have heard of a few S&T players having Driver issues so dont know why that is. However if you are struggling with the Driver as you say you are then may as well here what the Pro has to say as it is not working currently.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why not try and get a driver swing filmed front and side on and let our S&T guru look at it and give you some pointers

Have done that on the Stack and tilt: let's have a heated debate thread, post #250.
Was trying out the advice received from JustOne, which made perfect sense, but is not working YET.
I do get impatient at times but am NOT giving up, not with my irons anyway :whistle:.

Slime.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I'd insist on staying with S&T obviously :p

As a pro he should respect that without forcing his own principles on you, or criticising the swing pattern :whistle:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
So........................................................................??

Time to 'fess up :whistle:

Sorry guys...............should have posted earlier.
I turned up only to discover that he'd had to shoot off early. So no lesson......yet.
I'm probably going to bother him on Wednesday or Thursday, but it'll definitely happen and I'll definitely report.

Slime.

P.S. I did have a range session though! (See other thread).