Driver Head Question

Hoganman1

Visit site
Are the heads on Ladies' drivers the same as Men's? I'm looking for a TM M4 driver 12* with a regular shaft, but they're really hard to find. I've seen some models for ladies online. If I put a regular men's shaft in a ladies' head will it perform properly?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's likely to be lighter in weight than a men's club
If it has changeable weights you could substitute a heavier one to bring the total weight up.
It'll still work with a regular shaft in it but it may feel a bit butt heavy/head light

Hoganman1

Visit site
Good point. I guess I'll just keep searching for a men's version. Surely there's one out there somewhere.
Thanks for responding.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
heads are so lightweight these days that ther is likely to be very little difference in 'raw' head weight.As already said they are weighted by the removable weights and they are easily bought on ebay.

I used to have the R580 3 wood in both a ladies head and a mens (both with R flex shafts) and I could not spot any real difference.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
heads are so lightweight these days that ther is likely to be very little difference in 'raw' head weight.As already said they are weighted by the removable weights and they are easily bought on ebay.

I used to have the R580 3 wood in both a ladies head and a mens (both with R flex shafts) and I could not spot any real difference.
Colour blind huh! ;)

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
There is not much difference in the head, its more the shaft options that are catered for ladies, I have seen a few youtube videos of mens v ladies clubs and it's really is only down to shaft selection, brands dont redesign club head for both sexes just a little tweak to make them cost effective, if brands catered for all levels they would have a normal head, senior head and ladies heads, like said above I'm pretty sure is just the removable weights that are different

Hoganman1

Visit site
Thanks for all the advice. I may have finally found a men's club online. It's not a familiar site. I always worry about counterfeiters when buying online. Have any of you ever used Golf Avenue?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's likely to be lighter in weight than a men's club
If it has changeable weights you could substitute a heavier one to bring the total weight up.
It'll still work with a regular shaft in it but it may feel a bit butt heavy/head light

I once went out with a girl that fitted that description. :eek:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Are the heads on Ladies' drivers the same as Men's? I'm looking for a TM M4 driver 12* with a regular shaft, but they're really hard to find. I've seen some models for ladies online. If I put a regular men's shaft in a ladies' head will it perform properly?
Where are you looking?

https://www.golfbidder.co.uk/product/981657/Taylor_Made_M4.html
https://www.golfbidder.co.uk/product/982088/Taylor_Made_M4.html
https://www.golfbidder.co.uk/product/967165/Taylor_Made_M4.html

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
My club fitter added a touch of weight to the head of my driver when he set it up. I am guessing any decent fitter could do the same for yourself.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
The heads on the M4 come in 8.5°, 9.5°, 10.5°, and 12°, but not being a model in current production, it may be difficult to find the one you want.

I like the TM Original One with the smaller 275cc head. Mine is 13.5º. I don't have to tee the ball high and play it too forward in my stance.
It's not ACTUALLY the Original One which came out in 1979 or 80. They're re-using the name.

Hoganman1

Visit site
Do Golfbidder ship to the States..?
Got a feeling this Hogie is from the far side of the pond....

You are correct. I live in the colonies. North Carolina to be specific. Also, many of the clubs I see online are in "fair" condition. Sometimes that translates to beat all to hell.

Hoganman1

Visit site
Just to finish off the story, I found a TM M6 that was reduced (newer model coming soon). It felt similar to the M4 and was new. Thanks for all your responses. I really like this site.