Driver fitting advice - Ping G425 max

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
So my driver was purchased straight off the shelf. Never moved the weight and has always been set to a 10.5 loft.

My bad shot is a slice.

Is there anyway I can play with the settings here to counteract my bad miss? Surely this driver is modern enough.

Reason being I used my friends new Callaway Rouge driver recently which he was fitted for. His bad miss is exactly the same as me however when I hit his driver I played with a draw. A shot I am never able to recreate with my own driver.

Needless to say he has improved immensely and it’s down to him being very consistent off the tee with his new fitted driver.

Any help appreciated

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have the same driver and love it, so easy to hit straight!
With the settings, if you move the hosel a setting to the small- , it will decrease the loft by 1* but also close the face slightly to counteract the slice. Alternatively (or as well) you can move the weight at the back to one side (can’t remember which way but you should be able to find online) which will also ‘help’ your slice.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
With the settings, if you move the hosel a setting to the small- , it will decrease the loft by 1* but also close the face slightly to counteract the slice. Alternatively (or as well) you can move the weight at the back to one side (can’t remember which way but you should be able to find online) which will also ‘help’ your slice.

Adding weight to the heel of a club will promote a draw bias.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
I have the same driver and love it, so easy to hit straight!

OK nice one. Will adjust when I'm home.

And I am right in thinking the small minus is 9.5 degrees and the big is 9 so not too much difference in it.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
So I had a round yesterday and was in the club shop where I turned my loft down 1 degree to close the club face. The staff noted that i was infact doing the opposite and I needed to increase the loft to close the face.

Tuned it up 1 degree on the small + and off I went.

The difference was astonishing.

Even with a higher loft I assumed I would be losing distance but infact the opposite was happening because my ball was flying straighter.

Now playing with 11.5 degree and hitting bombs down the middle. Didn’t slice it once. The confidence it has given me will have my index coming down in no time.

Hoganman1

Visit site
Yes. I have a G400 and set it at the small + which adds .6* of loft and closes the face slightly. I'm now able to draw the ball better. Now all I need is thirty more yards (like I got with the firmer fairways in Scotland when I visited in July) and I'm all set.