Driver Comparison

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm thinking of changing my driver. I currently use a 10.5 degree stiff shaft Cleveland Launcher (2009). I have been offered a Nike SQ Machspeed Str8-Fit 10.5 degree stiff shaft for £100 incl. p&p. so I can change the angle of the face.

I'm wondering whether it's worth doing? I quite often slice my current driver, although on the course the other day I was hitting it really well. I think I hit around 250 yards with the cleveland.

Any ideas??

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The problem is one regular shaft is different from the next.
Try a Ping G10 in a red pro launch reg shaft if you can and see how it feels.
You might find the slice turns into a small fade :)

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
How much would I be looking at for one of those?? I am on a budget and thought that at £100 the Nike driver looks very good and with the adjustable head can change to a draw bias if need be.

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I know you can get them with a draw bias but I was thinking with the Nike one it is adjustable, so can adjust to how I'm playing. I take it you're a Ping dealer/rep??

I just want a comparison between the Cleveland and the Nike tbh.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I just want a comparison between the Cleveland and the Nike tbh

Fair enough.
I was just thinking you tend to slice sometimes and your swing speed is on the border of reg and stiff.
I was just suggesting a reg shaft may be a better option to help hit it straighter.
As for the G10, I am not a Ping dealer or a rep, they are just well known for being an excellent driver (despite what murph will say)
I'm sure someone who has tried the Nike will be along soon and advise you

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have an adjustable headed Nike Dymo. It is the best driver I have ever had. Only trouble is, if I have it set draw biased, then some days it goes straight, sometimes left. If I have it set square, then sometimes it goes right, sometimes straight. I only find out how I am hitting it when I get out on the course, and then can't change it. Not so useful.

I still like the driver though.

The Ping might be fine, I will never know. I will never hit one, as I am not a fan of the brand. Don't like Cleveland drivers either, mainly because they have a big dent in the top.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you are playing in a competition you're not allowed to change it during the round I'm afraid.
But it's ok if you're just out practicing

MattCarter

Assistant Pro
Visit site
wouldn't changing the head on the course break one of the rules about not changing how a club performs while playing

(sorry new to the game and not 100% on the rules)