Driver Comparison

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It is easy enough to change, takes a few seconds, but as others have said, it is against the rules. Most of the time I am either playing for money (not much) or in comps, so I can't wield the old torque wrench. If I am playing on my own, then yes, I do sometimes mess about with it.

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have decided to go for it!! Is costing me £90 posted!! Got to send a cheque then wait for the club to arrive. It's coming from a golf shop in Scotland so I know it's legit which is a good thing!

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Buying a club without trying it first is a big risk but it may just be the perfect fit for you. Even if it is "only" £90. I hope that it suits you.

I've got the adjustable head on my driver and 3wood. Total waste of time to me. Set it up once for how i want it and haven't even taken the tool out of the wrapper. I have little clue about which swing is going to arrive at the 1st tee, so it'll be pot luck to set the thing up for it prior to starting.

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yeah I know what you mean about trying it first. I would prefer to but if it is not suitable will sell it on.

I can udnerstand that about playing on the day, but I make sure before any competitions that I hit the practise area first so I should know before I start which swing I have come with.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The idea with these really is that you set it once, and then just leave it set. It should only really have one optimum setting for your swing. It won't be a miracle worker, giving a draw / fade at will setting.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
No changes permitted during play, ideally you should get on the practice ground before play and see what swing you have brought on the day then make any required changes to the set up to get the shot you are after.If you cannot do that then you may as well get a driver that is not changeable such as the aformentioned excellant Ping G10.