Driver adjustment, when would you change.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When I was fitted for my ping driver, the driver was set up weight wise to help combat my fade.I have always hit a fade or slice when it’s a bad drive. I had a lesson middle of last year which has got me hitting the ball a lot straighter And more often. But the club is still set up to help with the fade.
So do I get on the range( one day) and have a play or back for a fitting again.

Tashyboy

Visit site
In which case go back to a neutral setting and see how that goes knowing you can go back to the current setting. Once we can get to a range

I can remember a couple of years ago I was in Portugal ready for a round, The club I had at the time you could adjust the loft. I set it to a higher loft before I went out. It looked like I was hitting a wedge off the tee. It soon went back To its original setting.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you're happy with the shot shape leave it where it is, you know for a fact if you move it and hit a few bad shots, then try and move back, it will never be the same ?.
I'd fiddle with the loft though, see how you're hitting it for a few rounds then adjust up or down to suit ?

Tashyboy

Visit site
If you're happy with the shot shape leave it where it is, you know for a fact if you move it and hit a few bad shots, then try and move back, it will never be the same ?.
I'd fiddle with the loft though, see how you're hitting it for a few rounds then adjust up or down to suit ?

I had never thought of altering the loft, just the weight position. ??

DCB

Visit site
I've had two drivers fitted over the years. Once they were set to my needs they were left like that. No point in chopping and changing in the hope you find something that works.

Only way to do it properly would be to go to a Pro with the relevant kit to tell you what the difference is as you change settings.

AliMc

Visit site
I got fitted for the Titleist TS3 driver when it first came out and have not long since replaced it with the TSi3, didn't get fitted again but got same loft and virtually the same shaft and it's brilliant, mostly hitting it really good. Only little issue is that at the moment I'm just hitting it a wee bit near the heel so have moved the weight over to the H2 setting, probably move it back when I get a few more regular games and hopefully start hitting the middle again !

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I can remember a couple of years ago I was in Portugal ready for a round, The club I had at the time you could adjust the loft. I set it to a higher loft before I went out. It looked like I was hitting a wedge off the tee. It soon went back To its original setting.
I added loft to my driver in the winter to try to get more carry in the wet. Unfortunately it also adds face angle giving me a block right if i'm not careful

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I changed driver swing about 3 times through 2020 and have have gone from fighting a slice to fighting a push left and increasing my angle of attack resulting in a high trajectory (not ideal on my breezy links course). So just before lockdown 3.0 I changed all my settings to make it less draw biased and decreased my loft.

Was hitting it more consistently than I ever had been doing for about 3 rounds.

So I wouldn't be scared of trying different things at the range to see whether you notice a difference, just take note of the settings you currently have. But if you're hitting it straight then why bother?!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Since the advent of adjustable drivers, I have always set them up as neutral as possible. Any shot that isn't fine, was me, pitting a ropey swing on it.
If I did adjust it (and I may have tried it, can't remember, although I have certainly swapped shafts out) I can guarantee that 3 holes into the round, I would regret it.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is the problem with a fitting. as great as they are you can only fit for the swing that day, and should you work on and aspect of the swing it becomes questionable.

“Personally” I’d hit a range ideally with tracer bays and if your hitting the ball well with the big dog try it more neutral, at least you’ll be able to see numbers to back up the feel and visual difference.

You can always go back to the settings you have now, but you’ll also always question what your missing if you don’t try it.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only thing I have changed on my driver is the shaft. I like a neutral setting so I can work the ball either way.