Drills - Need to kit my hands rolling on impact.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yesturday i submitted my last card but i can only explain it as a great displayt of arm golf. It was either the draw ive worked so hard to get or a complete block out right.

i didnt hit any of our par 3's in regulation, most missed left, most drives were up the left, all from this lovely ball flight then a draw at the top of the flight. What made it worse is our course is bone hard at the moment so i was getting some punishing bounces.

I used to suffer with a strong left hand, quite an open right hand and a flatter swing plane which gave a huge draw. I worked on it alot last year with teh pro and managed to get it down to a very very mild draw consistant, yet yesturday i hacked around the left side of every hole with the odd right hand block out for good messure,

Alightment - Seemed fine, feet, shoulder and hips all in line with the target,

Grip - i was very much in a neutral pisition as far as i could tell, i was very tight on monitoring this.

swing plane - definately alot steeper than the old problematic flat plane so that seems fine. and swing path seemed pretty accurate

There was a very experienced older chap off 7 in my group, and he said my hands were a bit active and i was rolling them over the ball. Any idea's how to eliminate these active hands

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I should add what i did notice yesturday was my swing felt like it had next to no tempo too it, i found it real hard to find any pace yesturday and my ball striking was poor, generally hitting things thin.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I suffer from a similar problem from timt to time. I stop it by telling myself to finish my backswing before starting downwards, this gets my swing back in tempo and stops the problem for me. Try it.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Theres an excellent Leadbetter drill for Rhythm and Tempo you can try.

Line up several golf balls and space them a few inches apart. Take a 7I and hit the first ball but without stopping (continously swinging back and forth) shuffle along and hit the other golf balls one by one. You think its impossible but chances are you will be surprised how well you strike the balls.