Draw bias driver

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I've always struggled with a slice on my driver. I've had a number of lessons and still struggle with this.

I've decided to invest in a draw bias driver and had the g400 sft (£279) and Rogue draw (£279) in mind. I've also just noticed that the Cobra f9 has been lowered to £249 so that has also caught my eye, as it has hosel settings for a draw bias.

I would massively appreciate any guidance on which might be the best choice from anyone with experience of any of these drivers (or anyone who slices off the tee!!)

Many thanks
Tom

There are different types of draw bias drivers.

Offset which give you more time to square the face. Very dependant upon release pattern as to whether it would help.

Closed face. Again if u dont like the look and a lot dont, you'll not necessarily get any benefit as you'll just open it up.

An upright lie angle could help due to face plane tilt, but not to a massive degree.

Some are heavier towards the heel so to encourage the toe end to close quicker. Titleist did a couple a while back and Taylor made have some too. You don't see the face as closed so if that's a problem u have this type may help.

With anyone who really struggles with fades / slices on a driver its worth trying a bit more loft and shorter shaft.

Or commit to making swing changes either in swing or at set up, but u need to commit to that.

Huwey12

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thankfully that's very easy to remember as I'm also guilty of too many swing thoughts! I'll just concentrate on that and will hopefully straighten that shotshape.

Thank you.
Forgot to mention the face has to be closed to the club path for a draw shape
If you hit with an open face you’ll just hit right
Check your left wrist isn’t cupped. Flat or bowed is what you should be looking for. I feel Bob might come in here with his expertise

Fore Man

Visit site
There are different types of draw bias drivers.

Offset which give you more time to square the face. Very dependant upon release pattern as to whether it would help.

Closed face. Again if u dont like the look and a lot dont, you'll not necessarily get any benefit as you'll just open it up.

An upright lie angle could help due to face plane tilt, but not to a massive degree.

Some are heavier towards the heel so to encourage the toe end to close quicker. Titleist did a couple a while back and Taylor made have some too. You don't see the face as closed so if that's a problem u have this type may help.

With anyone who really struggles with fades / slices on a driver its worth trying a bit more loft and shorter shaft.

Or commit to making swing changes either in swing or at set up, but u need to commit to that.

Thank you, I will book some more specific lessons just focusing on this and maybe get a cheaper higher lofted club in the meantime to see if that helps

Fore Man

Visit site
Forgot to mention the face has to be closed to the club path for a draw shape
If you hit with an open face you’ll just hit right
Check your left wrist isn’t cupped. Flat or bowed is what you should be looking for. I feel Bob might come in here with his expertise
Thanks